California Cops Taser Senior Citizen in His Own Home

cavanami

100% pro union! While there may be a bit of abuse on the union side, it is 0.001% the abuse that the corps force on their workers. Without unions, you'd have no overtime pay, no healthcare, child labor, mandatory 80 hour workweeks, multiple deaths in the workplace each week, etc.

Dave32 & OH, I'd love to see documentation about the cases you brought up. Most every thing I see like that is just corprate shilling. Most GOPers still think UAW workers make $70/hr assembling a car. Having been in that industry, that's total bullshit.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The formula used to be hourly wage X 150% = cost of an employee.

So, $20/hr X 150% = $30/hr.

The extra 50% covers benefits; vacation and holiday pay, pension, insurance, etc.

Yes, unions are needed, IMO.

When I was working in management at Emerson Electric, they sent me to St. Louis to one week management/union busting school.

At all costs, they did not want unions!

When NAFTA came in, within weeks, GE closed its "Help Line" facility and it went to India. This used to be located in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Next, all the billing used to be in Ft. Myers, FL, closed, moved to India.

The GE motor plant in Alabama, closed, moved to Mexico.

OK, this is a bit far off topic :dunno:

100% pro union! While there may be a bit of abuse on the union side, it is 0.001% the abuse that the corps force on their workers. Without unions, you'd have no overtime pay, no healthcare, child labor, mandatory 80 hour workweeks, multiple deaths in the workplace each week, etc.

Dave32 & OH, I'd love to see documentation about the cases you brought up. Most every thing I see like that is just corprate shilling. Most GOPers still think UAW workers make $70/hr assembling a car. Having been in that industry, that's total bullshit.

"...The overtime champ was Richmond Police Sergeant Mitchell Peixoto, who was paid $193,000 in OT – $83,000 more than his base pay of $110,000..."

Link

I am still looking for the link to the examiner article that listed the police salaries for the Bay Area. I posted it before to shut HH up. :) Showed several cops making well over 100K a year in O.T. The C.A.L.P.E.R.S. pension is based on total earnings and includes an annual cost of living adjustment. In short, it is highly possible a cop could make more retired than his base salary compensation. Hence the cost of law enforcement keeps going up to unsustainable levels.

The cost rate of benefits stays the same (It does not go up with overtime payments), health dental etc. The increased costs are in O.T. Payments and pension. The biggest costs, according to my union are the costs of administering benefits such as pensions. Before all the cuts, our total compensation package cost approximately double our hourly salary.

A few cops listed here making the big bucks...

Link

Sgt. Larry Rogers making a total of $312K a year in Vallajo, a city that is now bankrupt.

??? If by corps you mean corporations that would abuse workers without unions, yes, I agree with you. But most workers are not unionized anymore. Current laws make it harder to organize unions, or enforce contracts (Such as Reagan allowing corporations to fuck up pension funding).

But I am talking about Municipal workers, mainly cops. Frankly I wouldn't care what they made if they actually did their job instead of running bullshit stings that arrest 5 hookers and 10 "Johns" at an astronomical cost to tax payers.

I am still trying to find the Examiner link that showed the salaries of all cops in this area, Many, maybe even most were looting the till on over time. They have built in scams they pull to work the system. Clearly, as is the battle cry here, the system cannot sustain police salaries and pensions any longer, so something has to be done. Frankly I can see ending Prop 13 as an option. Raising other taxes has already been done.

An alternative was proposed years back, where in you stopped paying property tax at like age 65 or 70. Until that point you paid your fair share for the same services.

If you look at the current tax system here, a guy buying a home today will pay a lot more for the same services. An older property owner can pass the property on, allowing his kids to keep a lower tax base. Niot fair in my book, but try to tell that to the guy on the golden end.

I support equal taxes across the board. If you have a house that is worth $200K you pay the same property tax as anyone else with a $200K home. You make $100K you pay the same taxes as everyone else making the same $100K. I am tired of subsidizing others people's choices.

My father didn't have to pay property tax on our family home once he hit 70 because his TAXABLE income was under $30,000. Now that he is gone, my mother doesn't have to pay either. Hopefully, she will live until I turn 70 (no snide remarks from the peanut gallery!), since neither my sister or I could afford the taxes we'd be hit with. This is not in California, but in the Sacred Southland ... where Goober and Gomer have more sense and decency that the governments in the Republica de Mexifornia.

It's the same the whole world over ... :p

But the UK cops disciplined the perp over it :thumbup:

<< On the footage from the police station, released over the weekend, Andrews is seen dragging Somerville across the floor and throwing her into a cell, where she lies motionless for a moment before struggling to her feet as blood drips from her head onto the cell floor.

"I thought I was going to die," Somerville told the BBC, "by people that you trust. You can't imagine it. They're the people that you trust, so who do you trust after that?"

The incident was reported by another officer at the station "who was concerned at what had taken place," the police statement said. "The officer found herself in a very difficult situation created by her own supervisor but performed her duty in accordance with the highest standards expected of a police officer in bringing this unacceptable incident to the attention of another supervisor." >>

<< PAMELA Somerville fell asleep in her car. The car had broken down. The Mail says she has degree is microbiology. This might be the most spurious fact ever. We shall see. She is 59. She is 5ft 2in. She is in Melksham, Wiltshire. She is not wearing a Millwall football shirt. She does not smoke. She is not Ian Tomlinson, who died after being assaulted by police at the G20 protest..

The facts keep coming. >>

Link

Archived