Iran Willing To Release American 'hiker'

temfarang

.. the Americans were hiking in Iraq's scenic north and that if they crossed the border, they did so unwittingly.

"Based on reports and the approval of the relevant judge about the sickness of Ms. Shourd, her detention was converted to $500,000 bail, and if the bail is deposited, she can be released," the official IRNA news agency quoted Dowlatabadi as saying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/12/iran-hiker-release-sarah-shourd_n_713631.html

no idea what their goal was .. but simply hiking in scenic northern iraq is legitimately questionable

http://freethehikers.org/about-the-hikers/about-the-hikers-main/about-sarah-shourd/

Sarah Shourd, 32, has been living with Shane in Damascus, where she teaches English and is learning Arabic. She previously taught as part of the Iraqi Student Project, a program which gives Iraqi students living in Damascus the skills to continue their education in US schools. She was on a break from her teaching responsibilities for a week, and she and Shane decided to take a hiking trip with their friends Josh and Shon. Sarah has written articles on travel and social issues reflecting her time in Syria, Ethiopia, Yemen and Mexico. Sarah, who has an older brother and sister, was born in Oak Park, Illinois and grew up in Los Angeles, California. She attended UC Berkeley in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she lived after graduating until moving to Damascus with Shane.

If they were not Jewish this would have been over long ago.

the zionist continue to harm jews world wide.

I can understand iran having a problem with the hikers

*what would tea party types have to say about Iranians accidentally hiking into the US

*or zionist have to say about iranians hiking into occupied palestine .. or palestinians hiking anywhere in palestine

time for jews worldwide to denounce zionism

the released lass is sharp / cool as a cucumber

definitely not a dummy .. smoooooth

wearing a 'head scarf', praising 'Im-a-nut-job', telling all that will listen how much she learned from Persian womens..

wonder what her story will be when her buds are released?

where did the 1/2 mil come from?

no one has come forward to admit the payment.

The 500k payment came with conditions that had to satisfy the Iranian governement or something to that effect. My guess is and I'm probably way off like I usually am but it came from the US government as the Iranian government would absolutely love to be able to hold that over their heads. Never be proven or discovered but that is my guess.

Archived