"Happy Birthday" in Thai?

I don't see the word(s) for "Happy Birthday" in my dictionary (then again it's not a very good dictionary). While looking, it occured to me though that maybe Thais don't make such a big deal about birthdays as falangs might, or maybe they do...? I've more or less got a conscensus that they don't say "bless you" or some such thing when you sneeze.... Anyway, anyone know how to say "Happy Birthday"?

Thanks again

Happy Birthday is "Suk San Wan Gerd" in thai.

If you go upcountry virtually nobody celebrates their birthday. Many are not even sure what date they were born, however, every thai will know the day and the time of their birth. They need that for their horoscope and fortunetelling which is a major thing for many thais.

Birthdays are celebrated with big enthusiasm in beer bars areas. It seems that the girls working there have birthdays (s) on an average of 5-6 times a year smile.gif

Hua Nguu

Birthdays are celebrated with big enthusiasm in beer bars areas. It seems that the girls working there have birthdays (s) on an average of 5-6 times a year

Hua Nguu

A recent sociological study found that the closer the bar was to a gold shop, the greater the number of birthdays celebrated by each girl...

[color:blue]Birthdays are celebrated with big enthusiasm in beer bars areas. It seems that the girls working there have birthdays (s) on an average of 5-6 times a year color=blue>

But how is that possible? They've all only been working bar for a few weeks!

Archived