Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/8/30/ex_bush_official_col_lawrence_wilkerson

-Bush Official Col. Lawrence Wilkerson: "I am Willing to Testify" If Dick Cheney is Put on Trial

Cheney will not face any sort of prosecution. That said, he's insignificant. He has no following or any of significance. Even Republicans will not publicly say they like or support Cheney and I suspect even privately. Cheney will be remembere in a bad light in American history, he has no positive legacy to leave to posterity.

The scary thing about Cheney though is that he believes in his and the administrations actions with religious zealotry. That's what is scary about him. Someone so willing to forego the constitution and do what he thought was the right thing when it was so obviously the wrong thing.

Cheney should be a lesson to all of us NOT to let that type of person and that type of thinking near any reigns of power again.

Survey: Health insurance costs surge in 2011

Survey: 2011 employer-sponsored health insurance costs surge, breaking moderate growth trend

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Survey-Health-insurance-costs-apf-4191148082.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

Want to control the rising cost of healthcare, tax the fark out of the profiteering doctors and hospitals and Big Pharma!!! Use that money to improve Medicare, fix Social Security, etc.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The cost of employer-sponsored health insurance surged this year, snapping a trend toward moderate growth, but experts say these increases may slow again in 2012.

Annual premiums for family coverage climbed 9 percent and surpassed $15,000 for the first time, according to a report released Tuesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research and Educational Trust. Premiums for single coverage rose 8 percent compared to 2010.

That compares to increases last year of 3 and 5 percent for family and single coverage, respectively. The study shows that premiums for both family and single coverage have more than doubled since 2001, while worker wages have risen 34 percent...

Survey: Health insurance costs surge in 2011

Survey: 2011 employer-sponsored health insurance costs surge, breaking moderate growth trend

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Survey-Health-insurance-costs-apf-4191148082.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

Want to control the rising cost of healthcare, tax the fark out of the profiteering doctors and hospitals and Big Pharma!!! Use that money to improve Medicare, fix Social Security, etc.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The cost of employer-sponsored health insurance surged this year, snapping a trend toward moderate growth, but experts say these increases may slow again in 2012.

Annual premiums for family coverage climbed 9 percent and surpassed $15,000 for the first time, according to a report released Tuesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research and Educational Trust. Premiums for single coverage rose 8 percent compared to 2010.

That compares to increases last year of 3 and 5 percent for family and single coverage, respectively. The study shows that premiums for both family and single coverage have more than doubled since 2001, while worker wages have risen 34 percent...

I can't say I agree with an aggressive nationalized health care program that some Dems want to do. However, at least they are addressing the issue and want to tackle it. One of my main problems with the Republican party and one of many reasons I no longer support their candidates is that they would rather not even address health care costs. The only reason why they even address it in the elections is because its become one of the many issues. This Savings Account thingy they propose to do is doesn't even start to address the problem and won't come close to solve it. I read once that over 60% of all personal bankruptcies are health care costs related. They can't all be Democrats. So, it amazes that the Republican masses aren't pressing for ideas and answers to this.

Cav, your proposition will NEVER happen. No need to say why, its obvious.

Despicable scumbag is an accurate description of Dickhead Cheney. The man is a congenital liar.

He is the kind of "war hawk" that I loath with a passion - the kind who sends others to do his fighting!

<< When Cheney became eligible for the draft, during the Vietnam War, he applied for and received five draft deferments. In 1989, The Washington Post writer George C. Wilson interviewed Cheney as the next Secretary of Defense; when asked about his deferments, Cheney reportedly said, "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service." Cheney testified during his confirmation hearings in 1989 that he received deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, owing to sub par academic performance and the need to work to pay for his education. Initially, he was not called up because the Selective Service System was only taking older men. When he became eligible for the draft, he applied for four deferments in sequence. He applied for his fifth exemption on January 19, 1966, when his wife was about 10 weeks pregnant. He was granted 3-A status, the "hardship" exemption, which excluded men with children or dependent parents. In January 1967, Cheney turned 26 and was no longer eligible for the draft. >>

1) He had other priorities. Oh, yeah ... the rest of us put going to war and risking our lives right at the top of our "things to do" list. :wanker:

2) Deferment extended for sub par academic performance. So how come other dumb fucks got DRAFTED because of poor academic performance? :down:

3) Cheney turned 26 and was no longer eligible for the draft. BULL SHIT!!! Every year you were defered was added to your eligibility age. He therefore could have been conscripted up to the age of 31! I trained with a guy who'd been drafted at 27. A buddy told me he trained with a guy who was drafted at 28. :medusa:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=672222&GT1=28102

Andy Rooney exiting '60 Minutes' this Sunday

Always enjoyed his quips at the end of each program. Always had that wise old uncle with a great sense of humor feel to him.

I haven't seen Andy Rooney in years, but I always liked him. Unlike Dick Cheney, he did not have other priorities than military service and served as an Army journalist during World War II. I'll bet Rooney doesn't consider hunting to consist of going to a private "hunting preserve" and paying to shoot tame ducks (and lawyers) without a quota on kills.

The scary thing about Cheney though is that he believes in his and the administrations actions with religious zealotry. That's what is scary about him. Someone so willing to forego the constitution and do what he thought was the right thing when it was so obviously the wrong thing.

Substitute the name Cheney with Obama and I agree with you 100%

HH

lol...Obama compromised at least and tried to negotiate with the other party. Cheney believed Cheney and the US constitution were one and the same. The man is a complete nutcase. In hindsight its scary how much of a nutcase he was. Palin is a different type of nutcase but a nutcase nonetheless. Inappropriate perhaps to use the term but cheney has a prussian rigidity, Nazi like zeal to his beliefs. He doesn't even seem religious unlike Bush but his ideology is his religion. Scary stuff.