Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

This has been going viral on the net...again. It was supposedly suggested by Warren Buffet. Can't say I disagree.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms

B. Six Two-year House terms

C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are

out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves! Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time to act.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS !!!

Rep. Allen West Assails Occupy Wall Street for 'Laughable Hypocrisy'

My link

No surprise there. He's very consevative. There have been a few articles by black conservatives disagreeing with Obama. Black conservatives have ALWAYS disagreed with Democrats. The only difference today is they are getting more media attention. It seems some in the media are surprised some blacks disagree with Obama as if all blacks like him because he's black. Its never been that way with regards to black conservatives. Before Obama, these conservatives disagreed with every other Democratic black congressperson.

West is saying the same thing Perry, Bachman or Palin would say. Its only noteworthy to the media because he's black. I woudn't see that as significant.

Steverino...I think your transformation into a neo-libtard has been completed. Above, you link a "party" to Franklin's book; you've (intentionally or unintentionally)over-reached only in a way that a libtard could do. :banghead: The book has nothing to do with "party". Didn't the same author do a number on GWB?

HH

Long Live The Tea Party !!!

HH!! Great to see posting buddy. Unfortunately you're still brainwashed by the right 5555 The Republicans are offering nothing in the way of ideas or credible fixes to the mess they helped start. Come to the good side of the force. There are Sith lords that control the Republican party. "Search your heart Luke and you'll see this true"

I think some of what we are seeing now is a recognition that Jesse Jackson, Big Al etc are not the only black spokesmen. That comes as a surprise to the many who had been trained to think otherwise.

BTW Social Security recipients will receive a COLA increase of 3.6% starting in January. First increase in 3 years, since everyone knows there is no inflation in the US. :p

post-98-0-72051300-1319076751_thumb.jpg

Jesse and Rev Al were self appointed 'black leaders'. They positioned themselves with the media as such and the big media were too scared to tell them otherwise. I can assure you, the majority of blacks never viewed Jesse as their spokesman and certainly not Rev. Al. When ever I was around any other black person even in South Central or other poor areas where one would think are his 'constituents', and Jesse was on TV, there was laughter and a 'Jesse doing his thing and tryna get paid' joke. Rev Al was always seen as a buffoon with almost every black person I know. I can't recall one complimentary thing ever said about him.

The term African American started because Jesse thought black folks should get a hyphen like Italian-Americans, Jewish-Americans, Irish-Americans, etc. He held a press conference and said 'call us this' and the media went along. No one had a problem with being called black prior. I don't use African American personally. I don't mind being called as such however I say I'm black. Kids under 30 grew up with AA so they use it. I never liked it and thought it was divisive. What I liked about black was that it included all black people of the African diaspora. It was an instant connection to someone who was perhaps vastly culturally and linguistically different than you but you shared a color and an ancestry from a few hundred years ago. If you were Haitain, NIgerian, Jamaican, American, Cuban and black you were black. Now, only American born blacks without ancestry from a non African country are called that. If you are black and come to America from Haiti, Canada, Jamaica, Cuba, etc. you can't say you're African American. You're neither. The term did more harm than good but then again Jesse does more harm than good.

The best thing about Obama's emergence is that it weakens Jesse and Rev Al. If nothing else we should thank Obama for that. Black conservatives never had a voice before. Some were on talk radio like Larry Elder and others but no huge media attention that made them a household name.

With regards to more media spotlight on black conservatives voicing their displeasure about Obama it has a galvanizing effect on the black masses. The conspiracy theorists amongst the masses is that the ubiquitious 'they' are using blacks to go after Obama because they can't be accused of doing it based on race.

The problem black conservatives have and this applies to the vast majority of Conservatives/Republicans is that they don't seem to have any sympathy or empahty for the plight of the poor and working classes. Its probably unfair but its how its taken. The irony is that Obama has been saying the same things conservatives have been saying with regards to the blacks and the poor. Obama has always preached a stop whining and start working message whenever he's spoken at black churches or black groups. Republicans know this but haven't given him credit for doing that. He's not a coddler.

Colin Powell has been the only exception because he spoke as if he empathized. He spoke of unity amongst all americans long before Obama used it in his campaign. John Stewart said it best about conservatives. They speak about taking America back from other Americans. That's how its viewed. Occupy Wall Street and such similar groups talk about taking America back from institutions like big banks, oil, etc.

I have seen irritating references to "European Americans" in the press these days. WTF, is that what I am? One thing that impressed me about being in a combat outfit in RVN was that we were 2nd platoon, or at least A Company. Nobody gave a fruit cake whether you were black, white, Asian or Hispanic. We were all brothers - and don't let anybody mess with one of us. When we were pulled back to a big base camp, some of the black guys from REMF outfits tried starting racial fights at the EM club, as they long had. To their surprise, the black guys at A Company stood with the rest of us and helped beat the stuffings out of the trouble makers. The word quickly spread - don't mess with the combat engineers. I was an Army instructor in the early 1990s and was I pleased it seemed to be that way Army-wide nowadays, at least with the career GIs. :beer:

I certainly won't equate this with the bonds forged between military men because when you face death together, its binds you to the core. However, sports teams have a bond as well and one of the best thing about sports is that a team unites many different people. I recall seeing a pregame show with Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith and it was so obvious the amount of love and respect they had for each other. Aikman gave a stern defense of Irvin who had gotten into repeated trouble. He spoke of the 'real Michael Irvin' that the media never saw and how much he never said no and gave his time and money to Aikman's charities, etc. without any fanfare. I also heard that Archie Manning was instrumental in desegregating his neighborhood with his black teammates and I was told by a Tennesee fan that his son Peyton while at the school was very close and comfortable around his black teammates partially due to his dad having the receivers and other players at their home in the off season and the black players were his 'uncles' from since he could remember.

Being a Sixers fan, I heard that Dr. J and Bobby Jones were best of friends and they were always roommates.

I had similar experiences on sports teams I was on and still very close to teammates of all hues from my HS teams. One of them and I were reminisching this summer in fact.

I had a black roommate in grad school. We about the same age and were both Army vets, though he had been stationed in England. (How the hell did he manage that during the VN War?) We got along great, since we could watch the "young kids" screwing around and feel superior to them. :)

I remember one day his wife called and I answered the phone. We chatted a while after I told her her husband was out. He came in a bit later and called her. He told me he had a hard time convincing her that I wasn't black too. I kind of took that as a compliment.

Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama

“My gosh, he is certainly one of us far more so than Barack Obama. Raised in Hawaii and going to a private school, an expensive private school," economist Thomas Sowell said on FOX Business.

Sowell is a well known black conservative.

I have read several of Sowell's books. 'Ethnic America' is one of my faves. He is right in some sense. Using his criteria 95% of blacks are more 'black' than Obama.

However, Obama has been in the trenches so to speak in some of Chicago's worse neighborhoods as an orgaziner and acivist. He has directly tried to help the poor and indigent. How many of these black conservatives can make the same claim?

Obama has embraced the collective black community, Cain and others have not. Not saying they have to or should but as a candidate you're a candidate for all Americans. Obama has been in the living rooms of white Iowan farmers as well as spoken to poor blacks. Has Cain? Or Sowell? Or the rest?

Frankly, I don't like when blacks do this he or she isn't black enough tihng and I don't like seeing it involved in an election. Are you friggin' American enough is the only thing we should be concerned about. A president is president for ALL the people. Its why I shy away from Dems who preach the rich are inately bad just as much as I don't like the class warfare conservatives do pitting americans against americans.