Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The and of the free...NOT!!!

Iraq war vet injured during Oakland protests

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-war-vet-injured-during-oakland-protests-210220379.html

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The clash between Oakland police and Occupy Wall Street protesters left a Marine veteran who completed two Iraq tours in critical condition Wednesday after he was struck by a police projectile, a veterans' group said.

Scott Olsen, 24, suffered a fractured skull Tuesday as he marched with other protesters toward City Hall, said Dottie Guy, of the Iraq Veterans Against the War. The demonstrators had been making an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of a disbanded protesters' camp when they were met by police officers in riot gear.

Several small skirmishes broke out and officers cleared the area by firing tear gas.

It's not known exactly what type of object struck Olsen, currently a systems network administrator in Daly City, or whether he'll need surgery, Guy said...

Oh, whoopee ... Iraq Veterans Against the War. Deja vu view time again ... where is John Kerry? He should be out calling the GIs baby killers, thugs, Nazis etc. At least Oakland doesn't use exploding gas grenades from the PRC, as the Thai police do.

BTW combat zone tours these days seem to be 6 months, not 12 or 13 as they were in VN. This explains why people pull "two tours" and sometimes more.

Today show stages fake child abduction and no one helps..almost, finally after a few hours someone does. I recall in NYC many years ago, could have been the '60s, where a person was stabbed repeatedly or something like that, where the assailants came back and did it again while people just closed their windows.

I've tried to help when I see something that is too out there. I've gotten cursed out, threatened but I can't sit by. I recall on skid row I saw a guy beating the crap out of this woman and I drove up and yelled at him and someone said to stay the f*ck out of it. Apparantly she consumed his drugs and was pissed. Another time at a laundromat there was this young girl around 11 or 12 years old wearing clothes that would make a stripper blush. Booty shorts half way up her ass. One of thos tops that is kinda like a bra. I told her in a kind, uncle voice 'No disrspect girl, but there are bad men out there who will try and do bad things if they see you dressed like that. I don't want to see you get hurt.' She cussed me out right there and then in front of everyone 'You ain't my motha f*ckin' daddy. Who tha f*ck are you to tell me what I can wear...blah, blah, blah'. I just smirked and shook my head. Afterwards a couple old latiina women told me I did the right thing. I would have done it again. There are nuts out there. Why make it easier and invite problems?

In today's tech world if you can't intervene at least call the cops. I recall once in Pattaya, a friend of mine and I saw a guy and this girl, who had to be about 11 or 12, walking behind him in a way that she was trying not to be associated with him but you could tell they were together. It was a judgment call. We wondered about it and said 'maybe she's a step daughter?' and then we thought, why not walk together? In the end we couldn't chance it and saw what hotel he was at and told someone. The worst thing in the world is to be falsely accused of being a child molester. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, it would have been worse had he really been one and if he isn't, its easily proven.

Ok, the cashier went too far but if you jump the counter and talk shyt, don't get upset if you get something other than change. The video is about a couple women customers at a McDonald's who were upset the cashier wanted to check to see if their $50 bill was counterfeit. That's standard in many places. They jumped the counter to confront him, see what happens next.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/2011/10/greenwich_villa_2.php

A gay 15 y.o. boy is bullied and is beaten up by a kid at school. The bully got a 3 day suspension. The mom wants criminarl assault charges brought up. Look at the video and decide if its typical HS bullying and a 3 day suspension is adequate or is it assault?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/video-shows-bully-attacking-15-old-gay-student-184016355.html

Texan man who teaches classes and how to handle a gun has a radio ad that says he will deny classes to those who supported Obama as well as practicing muslems. If he had denied to NY Yankees, Boston Celtics and Tottenham suupporters I wouldn't have a problem with it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad-gun-training-bars-muslims-obama-voters-153954962.html

When many speak with one voice it WILL be heard.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113719/big-banks-new-card-fees-wsj?mod=bb-budgeting

A month after Bank of America got pummeled by consumers and politicians for introducing plans for new debit-card fees, most other big U.S. banks are steering clear of imposing similar charges.

A gay 15 y.o. boy is bullied and is beaten up by a kid at school. The bully got a 3 day suspension. The mom wants criminarl assault charges brought up. Look at the video and decide if its typical HS bullying and a 3 day suspension is adequate or is it assault?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/video-shows-bully-attacking-15-old-gay-student-184016355.html

it's assault and seems planned.

3 day suspension?,i'd string the barstard up......

i wonder if the police were called in or wether it was dealt in-house?

anyone who treated a relative of mine like that would soon be taught a lesson outside the law and then let the law prove anything without video evidence............

We have progressed immensely as a society over the last 30 years or so. Sexual orientation seems one of the last bastions left that doesn't get as much sympathy. Had the boy done the same and bullied a kid who was Black, Latino, Jewish, Moslem, Asian or an Arsenal fan, there would have been more outrage and the Principle would have exacted a harsher punishment.