Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Why doesn't the party heirarchy want Paul and Johnson to be herad? I know why? The party has lost its soul. It picks its candidates to face the Dems not on hearing all views and letting the people decide but who polls better. They are also scared of candidates that can't be bought. The marriage of the corporate power structure and religious zealots have ruined the party. Just to show you the hypocracy, the fundamentalists support a mormon, a religion they consider a cult over a president who is a public saved Chritisn. They are convenient Chritians. They always say America should be led by a Chrisitan but it seems there is an exception if he's a Democrat. Frankly, a person's religion shouldn't even be on the table for things to consider in a president. So, I have no problem with Romney's mormonism as long as it plays no part in his office and he is capable.

http://news.yahoo.com/longshot-republican-candidate-mulls-third-party-run-183023075.html

Disgruntled former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson says he is considering leaving the Republican slate and running as a third-party candidate in the 2012 presidential election.

"I feel abandoned by the Republican Party," Johnson, who has been left out of most of the Republican debates, told the Sante Fe New Mexican newspaper this week, saying he might seek the Libertarian Party's support.

"The Republican Party has left me by the wayside," said Johnson, whose polling numbers have recently been so low that they are often not even being picked up by pollsters.

"If I'd have been included in 16 of the last debates we wouldn't even be having this conversation," he said.

While the Libertarians are on the ballot in every state, Johnson acknowledged that the party, which espouse freedom of expression and action, had never received more than one percent of the nationwide vote.

Johnson, 58, holds dear libertarian values such as low taxes and limited government and wants to legalize marijuana. He is also a fitness fanatic, having competed in a number of "Ironman" triathlons and climbed Mount Everest.

Ex-Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney and former House of Representatives speaker Newt Gingrich are currently topping the polls of Republican candidates trying to unseat President Barack Obama in November 2012.

The months-long state-by-state voting process that will decide the nominee begins on January 3 in Iowa.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED PUT THIS GREEDY WINDBAG IN OFFICE!!

NO PRESIDENT IN HISTORY HAS SPENT SO MUCH MONEY FLYING AROUND THE WORLD SPENDING TAX PAYERS MONEY IN HISTORY!!

Three things. 1. I question the accuracy of this statement. 3 years in office and he spent more than 8 years of Bush and Clinton? The only way if is if the cost of AF1 in totality has gone up (oil prices, pay of secret service, etc.). I can't believe that it costs more now especially when both his predecessors used it for re-election and thats a ton of traveiing. 2. Does any President have a choice? They can't use private commercial airline can they? furthermore, ex Presidents have secret service for life and with all the talking circuit money they do both nationally and internationally, there has to be a ton of money spent there. 3. So what? I hate tax money being spent wastefully as the next guy but okay he'll be replaced by a Romney or whomever who will use the services of secret service and AF1 as well.

HH, Flash and a few others, I'll throw you all a bone..lol. One of my brothers is very right wing. He sent me this:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat a coincidence!

Hey, this is great! Imagine the odds of this happening.

Do you know the park in NYC that the Wall Street protesters are occupying?

It's Zuccotti Park.

Did you know this park is not owned by the city of New York?

It is owned by Brookfield Properties.

Who was just hired by Brookfield Properties as an attorney?

Vice President Joe Biden's son.

Who sits on the board of Brookfield Properties?

Mayor Bloomberg's live-in girlfriend.

Now, guess what company just received some of the last of the Obama

Stimulus $$$$$$$.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right, Brookfield Properties.

Isn't life great in America!

Now, guess what, on a completely unrelated note,

Wisconsin is shaping up to be the swing state in the 2012 presidential

elections.

Not Florida. Not Ohio. But Wisconsin.

Now, guess who owns the company that will be tabulating the electronic

votes in Wisconsin.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right, the biggest contributor to Obama, the puppeteer

George Soros.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat a coincidence!

Now remember what Stalin said. "He who votes does not have the power. He

who counts the votes has the power".

Your brother is a cool dude. :)

‘Smile Factor’ Could Sink Obama in 2012

When candidates square off in presidential elections, history shows that the winners are those whose smiles convey a positive message that inspires rather than irritates voters, communications consultant Jon Kraushar maintains.

He cites research by UCLA Professor Albert Mehrabian indicating that non-verbal communication — including a speaker’s smile — can be even more important than what is actually said.

And that could bode ill for President Barack Obama’s re-election chances in 2012, according to Kraushar.

In an article for Fox News, Kraushar examined the “smile factor†in several recent elections:

In 2008, Obama’s grin and his “hope and change†message trumped John McCain’s grimacing warnings about the economy.

In 2004 and 2000, George W. Bush’s smirk and cocky smile overshadowed the “terminally serious and insufferably pompous†John Kerry and Al Gore, Kraushar observed.

Bill Clinton’s “jaunty smile†and confidence defeated the “scowling†Bob Dole in 1996 and the “strained†smile of George H.W. Bush four years earlier.

But Bush’s “frenetic grin†was positively endearing in 1988 against the “mechanical smile and robotic messaging†of Michael Dukakis.

Ronald Reagan’s smile and sparkling eyes were unbeatable in 1980 and 1984 against the “dourness†of Jimmy Carter and Walter Mondale.

“In a presidential contest, whoever appears more upbeat is victorious over whoever seems more uptight,†according to Kraushar.

As for the 2012 election, he writes: “Today, President Obama looks and sounds uptight. An air of desperation has crept into his face, eyes and body language.

“To beat Obama in the general election, Republicans must select a candidate with both a verbal and non-verbal message that by comparison with Obama’s, packs the power of a smile — and puts a smile on the faces of a majority of voters.â€

newmax.com

This is a very positive sign. So, you all who are in America, do things seem on the up? I know the government wants us to spend to start the economy going. However, Americans don't save enough. I'd rather see us spend ONLY if we have proper savings rates amongst Americans. I wouldn't like to see people who are in too much debt be the main ones going to the stores to shop. That said, it is a positive sign because people don't shop unless they are a bit optimistic about things.

http://news.yahoo.com/retailers-robust-start-holiday-season-225348430.html

A record 226 million shoppers visited stores and websites during the four-day holiday weekend starting on Thanksgiving Day, up from 212 million last year, according to early estimates by The National Retail Federation released on Sunday. Americans spent more, too: The average holiday shopper spent $398.62 over the weekend, up from $365.34 a year ago.

Interesting that the article doesn't name his party affiliation. Usually its noted but not sure if its how Yahoo news normally does things. Anyway, pussy move by the Governor. Way too sensitive and dropping dime as well. Maybe he didn't know his people were going to call the school but after he found out he should have had a sense of humor about it all and squashed it.

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-tweeter-wont-apologize-kan-governor-230737888.html

Emma Sullivan, 18, of the Kansas City suburb of Fairway, said she isn't sorry and doesn't think such a letter would be sincere.

The Shawnee Mission East senior was taking part in a Youth in Government program last week in Topeka, Kan., when she sent out a tweet from the back of a crowd of students listening to Brownback's greeting. From her cellphone, she thumbed: "Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person (hash)heblowsalot."

She actually made no such comment and said she was "just joking with friends." But Brownback's office, which monitors social media for postings containing the governor's name, saw Sullivan's post and contacted the Youth in Government program.

Sullivan received a scolding at school and was ordered to send Brownback an apology letter. She said Prinicipal Karl R. Krawitz even suggested talking points for the letter she was supposed to turn in Monday.

This is interesting. Hmmm....I wonder what is going on amongst those countries. History has shown us that when they are left alone, the arabs fight amongst themselves. Give them a common enemy and they unite.

http://news.yahoo.com/unprecedented-step-arab-league-sanctions-syria-190857108.html

In an unprecedented move against an Arab nation, the Arab League on Sunday approved economic sanctions on Syria to pressure Damascus to end its deadly suppression of an 8-month-old uprising against President Bashar Assad.