Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Russia Hits Back at U.S. Over Syria

MOSCOW—The Kremlin criticized the U.S. decision to arm Syrian opposition fighters and said Washington's evidence that the Syrian regime is using chemical weapons was unconvincing, but said Friday that Moscow is "not yet" discussing its plans to deliver of air-defense missiles to the regime.

President Barack Obama on Thursday authorized the U.S. to arm fighters against the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime, reversing a policy of giving only nonlethal support to the country's opposition in the two-year-old civil war. The White House cited confirmation that Mr. Assad's regime had killed up to 150 people with chemical weapons as the reason for its about-face.

http://online.wsj.co..._LEFTTopStories

Opinion: Worse Than Watergate

http://live.wsj.com/...37-F8A68F1F9B19

Hogwash. Crap. Junk. Absurd.

"The liberals lost the war in Vietnam." Ya, right. It was Republican Nixon with his "peace plan". Nixons Secretary of State Kissinger won a Nobel Peace Prize - for "winning" the war in Vietnam.

Who owns the Wall Street Journal? Oh, it's Fox's Rupert Murdoch ! 'Nough said.

Hogwash. Crap. Junk. Absurd.

Good Ole Rupert might as well blame some liberal for his wife's dalliances.

"Curiouser and curiouser. Day Two of the Rupert Murdorch-Wendi Deng divorce story turned juicier when ex-British prime minister and Deng pal Tony Blair got dragged into it.

Soon after news broke Thursday that billionaire media mogul Murdoch, 82, had filed for divorce from his third wife after 14 years of marriage, journalists in the U.S. and the U.K. with close contacts to Murdoch and his media empire, News Corp., began twittering about a scandalous possible reason for split."

LINK

Why does the mass media even give certain people a platform as if their opinion counts? I want people who are respected by both parties as someone's whose opinion the media should be quoting. I know why? Palin and others ignites people and therefore increases eyeballs on tv, internet screens and newspapers.

http://news.yahoo.com/sarah-palin-u-decision-syria-let-allah-sort-182044264--abc-news-politics.html

This could also be someone on the left as well who is out there.

This is not about gay rights. This chick took money to go to a religious school knowing that they were against this type of behavior. If it were UCLA or Univ. of Texas? Sure, its wrong but this is silly and my fear is that with this new sympathy for gays that it spills over to institutions who are against the behavior. This kind of news is trying to force private institutions to accept things against what they believe in.

Boy Scouts comes to mind although I am mixed on it. Its a private institution. If they accept public money then okay but you can't force them. It would be the same for any private group who were anti-semitc, racist against blacks, etc. Its their business.

• Like 1

I've long said the one thing that I am most disappointed with Obama about is the continued and sometimes quickening deterioration of our civil liberties. We've crossed the proverbial rubicon with regards to that. There is NO going back. We will be living in an Orwellian society from here on out.

The way the election process is these days its impossible to get elected without being bought by the various powers that be. Obama's gay advocay isn't so much his belief but payback for the money the gays pumped into his campaign. I'm sure he and Michelle want gay rights but the fervor in which Obama is advancing their cause is due to the money they gave.

• Like 1

...and the sad fact is the alternatives are worse. If Republicans can show some true integrity and champion a Christie, Johnson or Huntsman then I can respect them but they have gone too far right. The leadership wants moderates but the fringe is more right wing than Gordie Howe (vague ice hockey reference for those who get it).

On the other note, my favorite politician Cory Booker is running for senate of New Jersey. New Jersey has two good pols that at least seem to have some integrity.