Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obamacare is still unknown, with both "sides" spelling either doom & gloom or a huge victory...

University Faces $2.8 Million Obamacare Bill

12:55 PM, Jul 16, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Purdue University in Indiana faces a $2.8 million Obamacare bill due to Obamacare, a local affiliate reports:

"We are making some pretty radical changes because of 'health care reform,'" says Purdue's Eva Nodine. "So we wanted to make sure we had enough time to educate our employees because education is key."

The reporter adds, "$2.8 million dollars in added fees and claims are included in the recommendations for next year. Now that's due to the 'Affordable Care Act.' The medical plans and premiums will go before the full board for approval on Friday."

Local Insurers: Premiums to Rise Because of Obamacare

Local affiliate KSLA reports that Obamacare is likely to force the cost of health insurance premiums to rise:

Local Entrepreneur Sells Part of Business Due to Obamacare

Local Ci Ci's pizza franchise owner Bob Westbrook had to sell off part of his business due to Obamacare:

"Bob Westbrook, franchise owner, tells us: The Affordable Health Care Act is the reason why he sold some of his stores, because it would cost him 30-thousand dollars more out of his payroll," an East Texas affiliate reports.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/keyword/Obamacare

Unions to Democrats: Obamacare Will 'Destroy Health, Well-Being of Workers'

The union leaders stated that the Affordable Care Act would "shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class."

Pointing to the employer mandate that requires businesses to provide health coverage to employees working more than 30 hours a week, the union leaders said, "Numerous employers have begun to cut workers' hours to avoid this obligation, and many of them are doing so openly. The impact is twofold: Fewer hours mean less pay while also losing our current health benefits."

"We have a problem," they wrote, and "you need to fix it."

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/unions-obamacare-wellbeing-workers/2013/07/16/id/515347?promo_code=10731-1&utm_source=10731Daily_Caller&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

So, the owner of an East Texas CiCi's pizza chain had to sell some of his stores so that he could get under the minimum number of workers under Obamacare. Texas has the most uninsured citizens in the U.S. I'm sure that he wasn't offering any of his regular Mexican-American workers any benefits anyway by keeping them under 40 hours a week. Unions do have a problem with taxes owed on their negociated "Cadillac policies" under Obamacare, starting in 2018. I'm willing to take a wait and see how wide spread the problem of employers cutting hours back of employees under Obamacare. I'm surprised that no one has posted an article concerning how the individual mandate will unfairly burden middle class and poor non insured individuals/families.

Me thinks, for sure, that there will be many employers trying to wiggle out of what they will have to pay.

I would like affordable healthcare for free! but somewhere along the line it will have to be paid for.

Until Ombamacare fully kicks in, I expect it to be a political football and a lot of finger pointing!!

Just give me healthcare that is transparent, with everyone paying the same amount for the same procedure/operation. Anything that makes people question the need for "unnecessary" tests/procedures/ hospital stays (and keeps costs down) is fine in my book. Re-work the laws pertaining to medical care, holding doctors and health care workers to a high standard but forgo most of the high judgments. That would be a start. I would personally also add competition between U.S. and foreign hospitals (those foreign hospitals whose standards are approved and are included in accepting U.S. healthcare insurance. I think that the chances of the last happening are slim to none, with slim having left the building. It will be interesting this fall, going over whats offered to my and my family as "affordable" under Obamacare.

The truth sometimes gets in the way of opinions.

Purdue University will actually save money.

"Purdue estimates that it would spend up to $158 million on health care during 2014 if it adopts the changes, compared with up to $163 million this year. Purdue officials still are considering options for 2015 and beyond."

LINK

PayPal 'credits' US man $92 quadrillion in error

Online payments broker PayPal has admitted it erroneously credited a man with $92 quadrillion (£60 quadrillion).

Chris Reynolds, 56, of Pennsylvania, found the amount when he opened his monthly statement.

But the error was quickly recognised and his account had returned to zero by the time he had logged in.

"This was obviously an error and we appreciate that Mr Reynolds understands this was the case," PayPal said in a statement to the BBC.

The online money-transfer firm said it would offer to make a donation to a charity of Mr Reynolds' choice.

The $92,233,720,368,547,800 statement had been "quite a big surprise", Mr Reynolds told the Philadelphia Daily News, which first reported the story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23352230

Hopefully, he will get to keep the interest. :beer:

There is no monetary interest payed in PayPal.

It's not even a bank. PayPal is not even governed by any banking regulations.

PayPal is capitalism at its best. No stinkin' rules to go by. We got your money and tough shit for you!