RIP Man-at-Work

HellsBells

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saddened to hear this, but then I'm still coming to grips with the fact that LaoHuLi disappeared so suddenly, and I dont know if any of us can forget Fiery Jack's posts about the passing of his wife. Haunting and a reminder that we need to appreciate what we have.

I believe that they are all in a better place, whatever vision each of us of the afterlife.

RIP

LaoLui was dying for years, reason he come out this way over 20 years ago was his Doctor had told him then you'll be did in a year or so with the lifestyle you keep, so he moved to S E Asia and kept the lifestyle going for 20 years.

His passing was a surprise to many who didn't think he was still alive back in his old country :)

LaoLui was dying for years, reason he come out this way over 20 years ago was his Doctor had told him then you'll be did in a year or so with the lifestyle you keep, so he moved to S E Asia and kept the lifestyle going for 20 years.

His passing was a surprise to many who didn't think he was still alive back in his old country :)

He was from Toronto, but he told me about spending years in Belize. I expect he wouldn't have lasted nearly as long in the Canadian winters. I had a Peace Corps buddy who became a noted wildlife painter in Alaska. His paintings went for US$35,000. I kept trying to get him to move back here, but he finally keeled over one day on an icy road at age 61. One of his last emails was asking me about prices in Hua Hin.

Cold weather doesn't do anyone's ticker any good.

:(

I knew LaoHuli also, and its been a constant source of regret that the last time we met we didn't part on the best of terms; no biggie, just some of the usual shit stirring behind the scenes.

A great raconteur and fantastic company for an evening's beer and chat session.

Face it we are all getting older. RIP MAW

My doctor warned me many times in my early 20's that I wasn't going to last long with my lifestyle of working very hard, partying very hard (including drinking a lot back than), eating extremely unhealthy and barely sleeping.

I am still here fortunately but I am afraid my body has a lot of issues at the moment. Pains and aches everywhere in my lower areas. Cannot get it up anymore and burning out very fast if working an 18 hour day. As opposed to when I could do that for weeks and weeks on end.

:( W

Archived