BKK Airport Parking?

cavanami

Mr. Cheap Charlie here...

I need to catch an early flight tomorrow morning and it is a pain to try to get a taxi back in the Soi where I live.

I was thunking of riding the motorsai to the airport, as I have done several times before, but I have never parked it for more then a few minutes.

Is there long term parking for motorsais?

Seems like I saw something on the ground level, open air parking, but not sure...or would I be able to park in the Parking Garage there?

Farkin hell...one day parking fee I can take a taxi with the shuttle bus even cheaper!

Airport Parking Charges

First Hour Hourly rate Daily rate

Short Term Parking 25 baht 2 hours - 50 baht

3 hours - 80 baht

4 hours - 110 baht

6 hours - 180 baht 250 baht

Long Term Parking 20 baht 2 hours - 40 baht

3 hours - 60 baht

4 hours - 80 baht

6 hours - 120 baht 140 baht

Basically short term parking is 250 baht per day.

So, for me - if traveling 2 days only (one night) - cheaper to drive/park as the taxi there/back is going to be THB 500 already. {Not counting any costs for the car, gas}

But more than 2 nights out - then taxi is cheaper. Never tried parking at Long Term Parking - but looks like 140 baht per day but the annoyance factor would not make it worthwhile.

But a word of warning - lines for outbound passport have been between 45 minutes and one hour recently - a huge negative for the morning flights - who wants to wait in a line to leave the country that long! The airport is an embarrassment for immigration - now if every desk was filled with an officer then not much more the airport could do - but there has never been more than half the desks filled since I've been seeing this line issue.

Also, what is worse - people who are late and jumping the queue to try to get through without missing their flights. No attempt by any official to keep the lines clear and open - so becomes a jumble of people pushing their way in.

Have a good flight!

WOW!!! The Immi lines spilled out into a queue in the check in area WTF!!!

Took a good 1/2 hour to get thru, but I allowed enough time.

Flew Jetstar, a real no thrills airline but cheap, under 8,000 Baht, round trip.

Now in Sillypore...the adventure begins...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived