The (Fucking) Guardian

Hugh_Hoy

This was out yesterday and in US newspapers - they specifically mentioned that the US government asked them not to report it.

But what is the story? CIA workers are everywhere - so what is the point?

Really - does anyone think that most of the workers in the American Embassy's are issuing visas and putting in new pages for overseas American's? ???

File this away as a non event / non story.

PM and Corinthian...I strongly disagree with both of your assessments.

The Guardian was the first to report the nature of the "contractor's" work. Sure, one could speculate or read between the lines. The U.S. specifically requested that certain information not be published until after his release...and for very good reason. Now, he is a pawn and caught up in the middle of international issues which might have been inflamed; the matter might well be settled more expediently and quietly IF the asshole editor who gave the "green light" to publish had just gone along. Non-event? Tell me you're kidding. Tell that to the poor guy being held. :banghead::cussing: I doubt if you would call it a "non event" if you were in a cell in Pakistan facing possible murder charges when you might've been able to get out of Dodge quietly. And, if it is a "non-event", why did The Guardian rush to publish it's story and other media begin to do the same?

As for making a get-away, I wasn't there. I wasn't in his shoes. I have no idea why he wasn't extracted.

There is NO good reason for The Guardian to publish the story at the time it did. Other news agencies withheld until AFTER The Guardian published. Look, The Guardian is a well-known lefty rag...nuff said about that except I wouldn't piss on the editor if he was on fire.

(BTW, PM, I worked in the BKK Embassy on occasion in the 80's-90's...well, in an "annex". Excellent prices on booze and great comraderie courtesy of the USMC on Friday's after work. :content: )

HH

Archived