Installing a Thai Safe

Ryder

Just so you know, I could get into that in less then 2 minutes.

And I could just take it in less.

Just so you know, talk is cheap and everyone, even the dreamers like you have a voice.

With the 'right' tools almost anything can be accessed.

But the point is, 'you' aren't going anywhere near my safe, even if you did have the ways of getting to it. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryder, I got to say one more time you are a clever guy.

Seems like you are always doing something.

Very informative article, thanks.

I had some shits get into my floor safe once. I guess they were surprised how easy they got in the safe being I hadn't locked it. When they opened the safe, I guess they were pissed because I had moved all the cash to the wall safe. Being they were dumb asses, they never did find the wall safe even though the combination of the safe was laying on my desk in plain sight.

Thanks man. The haters and naysayers seem to buzz the threads like mossies at dusk but it is what it is.

If I had the time, money and owners leave I'd drill out the floor for a narrow floor safe and use my 3k special as the decoy one.

But I've got to go with what I've got.

Besides which, I don't feel comfortable leaving valuables, weapons and precious stuff unsecured in a house for a opportunist thief to grab.

Yes but it makes us feel better than leaving the money on the table.

What would you do in a hotel room or a rented house?

I always dream up machiavellian schemes involving removing ceiling tiles or toilet cisterns.

Coss

For your house' date=' hidden in a clever place is WAY better than a safe.[/quote']

Hidden in a clever place is no good if they find it.

At least with a safe they've got make a right racket and noise to get to it.

If your a thief do you really want to be waking the dead and have a very pissed off, armed owner coming back home?

Hidden in a clever place is no good if they find it.

At least with a safe they've got make a right racket and noise to get to it.

If your a thief do you really want to be waking the dead and have a very pissed off, armed owner coming back home?

A safe is easy to find, is the point. And the safe shown here will open with minimal force and very little noise to be honest.

If they have the time to get in they have the time to make a racket to get the safe. Very few people rob a house with the people in the house... unless they dont care if the people are there or not.

Ryder' date=' I got to say one more time you are a clever guy.

Seems like you are always doing something.

Very informative article, thanks.

I had some shits get into my floor safe once. I guess they were surprised how easy they got in the safe being I hadn't locked it. When they opened the safe, I guess they were pissed because I had moved all the cash to the wall safe. Being they were dumb asses, they never did find the wall safe even though the combination of the safe was laying on my desk in plain sight.[/quote']

Thanks man. The haters and naysayers seem to buzz the threads like mossies at dusk but it is what it is.

If I had the time, money and owners leave I'd drill out the floor for a narrow floor safe and use my 3k special as the decoy one.

But I've got to go with what I've got.

Besides which, I don't feel comfortable leaving valuables, weapons and precious stuff unsecured in a house for a opportunist thief to grab.

In the USA, thieves are using bumper keys. They got bumper keys now for almost all locks and most padlocks. I suspect they also have them in Thailand.

So I guess if you add a few more locks and if they get past them, I guess they can be greeted by a surprise.

For Thais, something as beneign as a 'ghost' should send them rolling.

As they open the safe door, it causes the ghost to appear and a can of roofing nails to pour out on the floor by the doorway. [You know, the roofing nails that have 1" or larger plastic heads and are about 1" long]. Getting those buggers in your sandal should make them yelp like an American Indian on the warpath.

Just so you know, talk is cheap and everyone, even the dreamers like you have a voice.

With the 'right' tools almost anything can be accessed.

All that one would take is a crow bar if you wanted to be messy.

But the point is, 'you' aren't going anywhere near my safe, even if you did have the ways of getting to it. :)

So why do you need it again?

And here:

The small safe I have mounted in my closet is almost identical to one in your video. The difference is the key is not a flat one but one of those round types. Are those just as easy to pick?

I will be the first to admit it would be easy for someone that broke into my house to un-mount the safe and take it away. The safe is only meant as moderate deterrent to a normal housebreaker who usually are not very sophisticated in lock picking and often are unwilling to take a safe off its mounting bolts and cart it away.

TH

Archived