Crying

expat

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I should update this thread. Fred and I had a bit of a falling out.

After her birthday, a couple of the times I sat with her, she excused herself to go to the bathroom and didn't return for quite a while--both times I had left before she returned. One of the times I was actually with a fellow board member. Anyhoots, it kind of soured me on her. Remember, I always had gotten mixed messages from her. I didn't go to the bar much anymore.

Fast forward a couple months--I'm in a *different* bar, and a girl comes up to me: "Do you remember me."

"Kind of" was my truthful reply.

"I used to work at Fred's old bar" she explained, "and Fred is thinking of moving to this bar."

Well, the second bar has my main flirt in it; a girl as lovely as the breeze on a tropical island, who comes and sits with me and never disappears and is just plain nice to be around. Let's call her Jack.

Next time I go to Fred's bar, she comes over and confronts me: Her friend has told her I sit with a girl at a the other bar. Well, bejeezus me--I mean I know about bar girl networks and all, but this is just silly.

Now Fred has moved over and is working at Jack's bar. She basically ignores me. She's still lovely. I enjoy looking at her and always smile at her when I pass by, but she makes an effort to steer clear of me. I'm ok with that, though I'd prefer a 'hello' or 'how are you.'

I guess I'm one of the 99.99%. :)

Archived