F@cking Lufthansa

kamui

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the USA, you cannot enter a lounge, if you fly a domestic flight (even 1st class) unless you pay like $400 / year membership!

Only if you fly on an international flight can you get into the star alliance lounge in the USA.

So 1st class has about zero meaning in the USA...go figure!

As such, the lounge in F'furt Germany was an oasis for me!!

I can believe that. I was flying business class from Heathrow to Seattle. As I checked in for the return flight to London (via NYK) I was informed that I had been upgraded to 1st class. Nice...well no....it seems that all this encompassed was free films and a sandwich - more like cattle class.

• 2 weeks later...

Short update:

I never got an answer in regard to my complaint via email. But on the flight back JFK-FRA we were rebooked to an A380. :up:

The flight FRA-JFK in an A330-300 had been as bad as expected. Extremely narrow pitch that I couldn't stretch my legs and couldn't sleep. Outdated screens in the seat entertainment system. And the worst breakfast on a plane ever. We had the choice between a slice of Pizza which looked like a left over from a previous flight and a hot dog - hot dog for breakfast? Is this an US habit? Surely not in Germany... :surprised:

The flight back with the A380 was much more pleasant.

Over all impression: the economy interior is nothing special at all. It looks like any other large LH plane. Same furnitures, same design, same colors. Actually the (economy) interior space is not different to a Jumbo. But I haven't seen the second floor which makes the difference to all other existing planes.

In detail on the A380 and especially the LH design/service: the A380 might be a little be more quiet, screens in the entertainment system are better (but as small as in the A330). Seats are extremely narrow too, but the pitch is better. Dinner reminded my on youth hostel food (mashed potatoes, beef, veggies). Breakfast was ok, but no second coffee was served.

Conclusion: Since it was a very cheap flight it was ok, but I would never ever pay more than usual for flying in a LH A380. It isn't worth any extra money.

I hope that Thai will do a better job in regard to the interior design of the A380.

You should try Aeroflop. A colleague told a steward he had lost his passport on the plane. The steward responded, "Then you'd better find it!" ... and walked away. :surprised:

Like it, but never want to live it - that is one of my worst nightmares. The other one is dreaming that a Katoey is performing surgery on me, only to wake up in an ice-filled bath missing a kidney.

My flight back here on United turned into a "hell flight" with a bullshat "change the tires at the gate" call by United making the plane 2 hours late and missing the connecting flight in Narita.

I emailed my complaint to United and ended up getting a $300 off certificate for my next flight, so nothing "WOW" from United, but OK :dunno:

I had requested a biz class upgrade for my next flight and they immediately said "no" to this and gave me the certificate.

Archived