F@cking Lufthansa

kamui

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The upgrade cost for flying RT to the USA is just silly money, completely obscene!

Just a made up flight schedule on United...

Econo:

Lowest fare within preferred time

USD per adult

Lowest fare available

USD per adult

Biz:

Lowest fare within preferred time

USD per adult

Lowest fare available

USD per adult

For the same dates, off in April/May time frame, well over one month booking in advance.

Lufthansa sounds like United. They are both part of Star Alliance so they "learn" from each other.

United's hub is in Chicago and their lounge there is shite!

I was in Lufthansa's lounge in Frankfurt, Germany and it was most excellent!!! that was the good point I saw for Lufthansa :dunno:

Cav, I was in the Lufthansa Business Class Lounge on my last trip. I was not impressed. The space was in good repair, but that had to be the sparest, starkest, most minimalist interior design I've ever seen in my life. (It may be that the Admirals Clubs (LAX, DFW, ORD, AUS, NRT)) and the Sakura Lounges (NRT - both of them, BKK) have spoiled me.

In Frankfurt they had a nice draft beer of tap, help yourself and some tasty sausages.

I was a happy camper.

NRT, the Star Alliance, now has some non-tasty sushi, draft beer, wine, etc and is OK.

The best part of this lounge is that one can take a shower here and freshen up a bit. After the flight from the USA to NRT, a shower fits the bill nicely!

Errr...am I off topic enough....opps, but for my short turn around in Frankfurt the Lufthansa lounge was better then most, IMO.

Archived