RIP Harry Coover

shygye

Link

The creator of Super Glue, Hary Coover, has died in Tennessee at the age of 94.

Dr Coover, who died on Saturday, discovered the well-known adhesive by accident, while working for Eastman Kodak, his grandson Adam Paul said.

An assistant at the company noticed that two new refractometer prisms were glued firmly together by the substance.

Dr Coover and a colleague first realised the potential of the glue in 1951, according to the Super Glue Corporation website.

Cyanoacrylate, the chemical name for this glue, was actually discovered some years earlier.

During World War II researchers were looking for materials to make clear plastic gun sights. The website said researchers dismissed it for that purpose because it stuck to everything.

President Obama awarded Dr Coover the National Medal of Technology and Innovation in 2010. ...

I hope that he didn't have anything to do with the late night commercials for superglue; with the construction man with a hard hat, hanging upside down from an I beam, with only the superglue on the top of his hard hat keeping him from falling. That commercial ranks right up there with the pocket fisherman and vegamatic. How come all these inventors die in their nineties?

I hope that he didn't have anything to do with the late night commercials for superglue; with the construction man with a hard hat, hanging upside down from an I beam, with only the superglue on the top of his hard hat keeping him from falling. That commercial ranks right up there with the pocket fisherman and vegamatic. How come all these inventors die in their nineties?

One guy told me of a girl who lubed up his dick so he could give her some anal. The lube was super glue.

Archived