Going Solo, good?

After visiting Thailand Last year for the first time and enjoying all it's offering, I'm certain never to spend my precious holidays in a 1st World/ Western country again.

But there's my problem aswell, finding like minded souls to wander to more interesting places is not working this year.

Basically then I'm convincing mysekf at the moment to buy a ticket and head of to the likes of Vietnam/Laos/Combodia area with me and myself.

Many of the members here must have done likewise at somestage, How had it worked out and is it really a good idea? crazy.gif" border="0

I think your best bet is to go alone, but make arrangements via all the different boards to meet up with other Sanukers in the different countries. This way you have your independence and yet still have people to hang out with. Don't forget that this board meets at Woodstock on Friday evenings.

I think the only way to travel is solo.

It's fun having a buddy along but even more fun alone.

My advice is to spend a little more time learning about each country and its customs before you go. As far as meeting other's there will be many that you meet along the way.

going solo is very easy. if you need to hang out with the guys, lots of intereting ppl with the same interests in the bars to commizerate with.

also, being on your own you will not have to wait on anyone and be able to change ur plans without a "vote"

( also, as many will probably agree, no fun knowing ur friends have to change some of their plans because you got the "crud" and are out of commission for a few days)

of course, trying to operate solo if a bg latches on to you (just when did I loose control of the situation) is tough.

Thanks, That's the kind of encouragement I wanna here. What I'm chasing is the fun I had in Thailand last year but with a different variety so wheater to go Hanoi in north Vietnam and travel around towards Laos or to head to Ho Chi Min city in south Vietnam and travel around towards Caombodia with maybe a few day in Koh Samui to re-taste it's pleasures. Danger is travalling around too mush and never really relaxing. Anybody know of a Stickman type of website in those countries?

As for hooking up with a BG, that's an option I'd considered, but to spend anymore than a week with a demure damzel my mind would be minced at the thought of leaving her, 2/3 days max for me.

Here's a reply from one thai lady I'd met last year when I posed the "Going Solo, good?" question to her last week, probably herself and a million others would be more than happy to have an expense free holiday:

hi jack

nice to here from you again'' jack is good if you coming to Thailand by yourself after taht you can

by go too everywhere with me ''

lat me know if you in Thailand

shon

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: JackHAck ]

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: JackHAck ]

Hi JackHack,

Good for you in wanting to branch out to other countries-I have been to VN, Camb and Lao and yes there is sanuk there-but not as in LOS-especially Lao and VN-both commie and a bit underground, buttttt, still its there and its fun just different.....check the Regional Sanuk thread here for more opionions/web sites etc.....very much recommend Cambodia, I think Siem Reap (IMHO more genuine and laid back) is very worthy of investigation when in Cambodia though many sanukers claim that Phenom Penh and esp. the infamous K11 can't be beat(depends what you like)....but check it out for yourself-yes read up and talk up (do the research) before you go but remember your experience will be unique and for me thats the coolest part.....enjoy and let us know how it goes laugh.gif" border="0

Archived