2 am closing no more ???

Just been reading another board and came across this post about closing times etc I'll post the main bit for you to decide. Any Pattaya residents that can confirm this ??

"On the way home from Soi 8 a few nights ago shared a baht bus to Walking street with 4 bar girls at 2am. Asked where they wre going and they said Marine Disco. I say I though it closed at two but they claim its now open till 3:30 am. Another girl from Superbaby says after Marine closes the crowd goes to another place that goes till 6am (back in the Arab area I think but something could have been lost in the translation), like in the old days but I have'nt confirmed any of this yet."

As I said not my post.............

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Just came back to sweden from BKK,

was at "sunshine" til 2 am, then left to meet 2 girls at

the disco infront of FOOD LANE in patpong.

(4th floor i think)

Stayed there til 5am, then left for the hotel.

On our way to the hotel we went in to another disco for

another beer, then after that to the hotel.

Think i was at the hotel at 6 in the morning.

I read alot about the closing times at the bars in swedish newspapers just before i went down there, but everything

was like it used to be.

take care. mano

2am?..you got to be kidding! I got a room at Eastiny last X'mas. It was the same every nite. 3am getting really quite..then 4-4:30 music starts again and continue untill the morning...Go-go's rite, close but not bars, no way! I remember the same picture last September too.

Leroy

I was in Pattaya in March. Stayed at Eastiny on Soi 8 and hung out around that area late in the evenings.

Bars were "officially" closing at 2:00, which means the main lights go out. Some bars actually close, but many stay open using very minimal lighting. Bars along Soi 8 where there are lights from hotels, etc. stay open quite late - 3 or 4 am, maybe later. I bar fined a girl about 4 am at a bar right next to my hotel.

Some bars serve drinks after 2 and others don't. Street vendors (food) do a brisk business after the 2 AM closing. They usually park themselves under street lights. You can park yourself close buy to get a view of BGs getting a snack. Good opportunities to pick up a late night snack for yourself too.

Quote:

"Just came back to sweden from BKK,

was at "sunshine" til 2 am, then left to meet 2 girls at

the disco infront of FOOD LANE in patpong.

(4th floor i think)

Stayed there til 5am, then left for the hotel.

On our way to the hotel we went in to another disco for

another beer, then after that to the hotel.

Think i was at the hotel at 6 in the morning."

I live here and although I don't go out late very much anymore, I was under the impression that all discos and bars are closing, except the Grace. What is the disco in front of Food Lane in Patpong? Are you referring to the disco operated by the King's Group? (If so, I thought that was on the second story?) And where are these other discos??

When I was in Pattaya last month the Marine shut at 02.20 (or as the police turn up) and everyone moved on to Freigling in Marine Plaza and I left at 04.00 with it still going strong.

Freigling is a black building with no windows just next to the outdoor food areas and where the motorbike taxis park up. It is a decent size but is so full of off duty gogo girls, freelancers and hangers-on at that time that it is not a particularly good place to pick out girls and have a conversation.

Archived