2 am closing no more ???

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last time i went to my marine 2 (your plaza) 3 days ago - it closed just before 4am - then things transferred to plaza (not sure what you call it?)

As some of you know I'm sorta familiar with Nana Plaza and there is not even the slightest hint that we will be allowed to close after 2AM in the near or distant future. I've heard the rumors, but nobody I know that should be in the know is spreading them. All signs are that 2AM closings are to be the rule until and if the ever evasive zoning ordinanace is determined. The police still make their rounds and all bars are to be clear of customers and all but employees essential for closing by 2AM. Of course policy around here changes faster than the weather which is finally starting to cool down and rain a bit.

There does, however, seem to a relaxing of the standards for showing, but it is definitely a peek and run sort of thing. However, no police have cautioned any bar owner about the shows that I know of.

As to Pattaya I was down there last week and it does appear that Marine, Marine II and Tonys are getting by with late closing.

Just got back from both bangkok, and pattaya. Mostly all information about bangkok is correct, their is always going to be some places that on occassions flaunt the law, or pay up to stay open a little longer. I too found grace and also thermae to have lost its vigar. An alternative to the freelances on the street, i have found a very successful alternative. I often enjoy having a good walk around and stopping and having a beer hear and a beer their. Then i will choof of to a different area. After closing time i tend to go back to the same area, and walk up and down( i must tell you im talking about soi cowboy). Inevitably you will get a nice looking lady come out from her bar and grab you by the arm and invite you over to chat. At this point you buy a drink for her and her friend and for yourself and whoever else is with you at the time. (this is easydone, as you all know their is the little supply shops open at this time which sell beer at supermarket price, much cheaper way to drink). Inevitably you have a laugh, and a fun time which allows the girls to relax after work, and they find out that your actually a fairly nice guy. To cut a long story short, you end up taking the girl home with you, and yes they are quiet accomodating( generally because they have lucked on to someone who doesnt treat them like shit) The other up side is if your on a budget or dont want to spend a fortune, their is no bar fine, the girls are nice, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper(on average less than half price.) Try it its a great relaxing night.

As for pattaya Handsumman, you are right on the money with the night clubs you mentioned. As for the bars, its personall preference of the mamasan. Most that do a good trade will yes simply dim the lights, some of the girls go home and leave a couple to look after the bar, some will stay and have quiet a few knock off drinks, but will alwways be looking for mister right.

So i suppose its the curfeww that we have when we dont have a curfeww.

"As for pattaya Handsumman, you are right on the money with the night clubs you mentioned"

hey Pattaya 127 - are you registering this??

Archived