2 am closing no more ???

dude,

thanks for the tip about snack & go. hadn't thought about it since I'm usually so freakin' hungry at that hour i'm only interested in some munchies.

next time i'll snack and then hang out and watch for some hungry b/g's to arrive for a bite.

i can see this working very well.

jb3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the situation in Pattaya as of last night:

Tonys/Marine 1 - closed at 3am

Feighlings: closed at 4.30am

Marine 2: closed at 6am

Marine plaza disco: closed at 8am

Looks like things are picking up boys smile.gif

Cheers

Great! Thanks for the report!

Now, could you please, please tell those folks to talk some sense into the 'powers that be' here in Bangkok?

Last night gogos in NEP collected the bins at 1:50 am and Thermae closed just after 2am.

Sounds like a road trip might be in order down south.

I don't get out as much to for various reasons and I hardly ever stay out real late, but last Thursday I had an opportunity to do so, and did. It was good news and bad news in NEP.

First, the good news. Most every bar that was showing before the crackdown seems to be showing (topless) now. I even saw a few girls briefly dance bottomless, but they were clearly prepared to pull up their bottoms on a moment's notice. Semi-naked dancers in NEP is probably no cause in and of itself for celebration, but it does seem indicative of a trend. At the very least, things do not seem to be getting worse.

Second, the bad news. At precisely or perhaps slightly before 2 a.m., every bar closed. Even Nana disco closed. There was no place to go, except Grace, which I don't consider an option. This is what your post was about, and I know this is probably disappointing news. I was certainly disappointed since this was a rare opportunity for me to stay out late.

But if they are lightening up on showing, maybe they will start to lighten up on closing. And if there is later closing times in Pattaya, maybe it will spread to the Big Mango. Any NEP regulars (bar owners subsidizing the salaries of the local boys in brown) out there with more information or even good rumours about likely trends??

Great report Gadfly and you are right on with your two points. Yes, lots of lovely boobies on display, but, you can only see them until about 0100 in most NEP bars.

I have heard rumors (rumors only at this stage), that there might be some loosening up on the closing times in NEP until 0300. No word on Nana Disco or Thermae though which seem to stick to the 0200 curfew as well. Like Gadfly, I don't view the Grace as an after-hours venue for sanuk as there are just way too many drunk farangs there now.

I took a delightful walk last night all the way from Soi Cowboy to NEP at about 0100. I can say I passed at least 100 ladies plying their wares on the Thermae side of Sukhumvit. Many expecially by the Grand Pacific (oops, might not be the right name, but across from Country Road) Hotel. Also, many just sitting on the steps to various closed businesses. Most are in pairs and just call out to you to get your attention.

Also, beware as there was a gaggle of aggressive katoeys near the ATM machine (appropriate?) grabbing guys. I sidestepped them.

One wonders how long it will be before the police crack down on all the streetwalkers who have had to move outside to seek customers. Wouldn't it look better to just let the after-hour places like Thermae and the disco stay open later than having the streets full of hookers? Also, with the rainy season approaching (and already daily downpours occuring) one wonders how that will affect the outdoor scene.

"2 girls i had on the phone say time out is still around 2.30, 3.00."

where are you talking about? - thats the time for Tony's/Marine 1 - which is what i posted

the later places are feighlings (4am), marine 2 and marine plaza (morning time)- also hollywood at sea closes at 5am

Archived