A Movie Question

I just re booked for BKK Leaving on the 17thof may, and just remembered that Star Wars EPII starts that day. Any other star wars fans know if movies usualy get delayed opening in BKK? BTW, isnt it a wonderful feeling knowing your going to be back in the LOS in less then 30 days.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>if movies usualy get delayed opening in BKK

>

Yes, at least Trink (the ancient Bangkok Post columnist) regularly complains about how late films arrive in Bangkok theatres if they arrive at all. When I was in BKK in March, "Zoolander" had recently opened, and I think it was released in the States late summer.

The are some rational reasons for these delays. At the very least they have to put in the subtitles. The distribution companies also seem to want to see if a film becomes a blockbuster in the USA before shelling money out to marketing elsewhere.

Of course, you may be able to get it as a pirate copy on DVD even as you arrive... wink.gif

Wagner

mrtudball,

According to the IMDb it should open on the 16th of may

in Thailand.

So 1 day before opening in the USA.

Mr. Blue

Thanks for information, being 38 I grew up on Star War's, even though TPM wasnt my cup of tea, I'm looking forword to seing the second movie. Actualy this could be the best of both worlds, a lovely lady and Obi, cant beat that. Any recomendations for a good theater that has theater seating and a good sound setup?

mrtudball,

Take her to the EGV Gold Class theater in Siam Discovery Center. The seating is in Laz-E-Boy recliners and the sound system is excellent too. A bit pricy by LOS standards at 300B a ticket. But, you're on holiday, splurge a little!

I usually go to movies at Major Ekkamai, mostly because it's just around the corner from my apartment. But, the theatres are top notch and my only complaint is you will freeze you nuts off because they crank the AC.

Ranger

Should I drag a BG/TG/MG to a movie while I'm in BKK? I love movies, but I wonder if it would be time well spent or a complicated deal. Would a girl like this?

thaistudent

I've always thought movies were a bad idea for a 'first date', so to speak. You can't really communicate, or get to know each other. Just sit there and stare at the screen. I took one B/G bowling at a florecent (sp?) bowling alley (MBK, or Siam Square??), and had a blast. Ordered food and beer, and laughed ourselves silly (her first time). Another idea might be ice skating. These are things that will bring out her personality, and let you really get to know her (well....as good as you're going to be able to get to really know a bargirl smile.gif ). If you've been with her for 4 days, it's a different story. Maybe 2 hours of peace and solitude is what you're looking for.....

bowling is good and a lot of fun.

so many of the girls do not have a clue how to play or what to do.

the fun is to teach them body to body with your body so close that the feeling arises(if you know what i mean?).

good foreplay in my opinion.

Archived