A Movie Question

"Spiderman" does not appear to be opening in the U.S. this weekend, or at least it's not opening today. I wonder if that means the film's opening here in Thailand next Wednesday will make it the second simulataneous U.S./Thai opening.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm not in BKK anymore, when I was there there were a few places to see good intl/independent films. The theater at the WTC played good flicks, and I saw "breaking the waves" "lonestar" "big night" and other good indie films there. There used to be a place not far from the hard rock cafe that played indie movies as well, can't remember the name, but I saw "hoop dreams" there - a critically acclaimed documentary about young basketball players in the US. Also, try and check out the bangkok intl film festival (an annual affair) or the european film festival they have at old siam square near little india too.

And there ARE good Thai films out there too. Sure a lot of it is nonsense drama/romance stuff, but then again a lot of hollywood stuff is nonsense too. There have been some excellent Thai indie films as of the past few years, like "6ixtynin9" and "see-uh die."

Archived