Stupid Passport Tricks *DELETED*

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

This happened to a Swede about 10 years ago. He was caught in the act with a 13 yo boy and released on bail. The embassy knowingly issued a temporary passport so he could leave the country. They claimed that under Swdeish law they can't refuse a Swedish citizen a passport. I suppose this could be correct as even inmates in prisons can apply for a passport. The Swedish pado however allegedly had heavy political connections. I doubt if the embassy would have helped a taxi driver.

regards

ALHOLK

DB,

Here is another story.........

My first job back in the 80's involved a lot of travelling to 3rd world countries with difficult visa applications.

I did inspection jobs for private companies as well as for local governements in the petrochemical industry.

Upon special request, I was issued 2 passports at the same time, one to apply a certain visa, or even 2 - 3 in a row, the other one to travel on.

At the end, I was even issued a normal one AND a diplomatic one...........

I did see more than 100 countries so far, and I was allowed to keep all full passports ( made unusable now ) but I have a grand total of 12 !

I did quit the job as I was away more than 10 months a year, and it did kill all of my social life, like coming home with winter luggage, and leave 2 days later with summer luggage.........

A few examples : North Korea, Sudan, Angola, nearly all the Far East, the total of the Middle East, and much more.......

"I thought all replacements now went through the National Passport Center in Pittsburgh, PA. How did he get one 'a few days later'?"

Can't answer the other questions, but it does only take a few days to get the new passport now, as opposed to overnight like before. A week tops. AT LEAST, that's what I was told by the Embassy. (I think that passport center is somewhere in New England, maybe in New Hampshire?)

To be issued a passport is your entitlement. On that note I know of a character whose passport was taken by the police pending his court appearance. The British Embassy in Bkk checked, realised he was on bail and refused to issue him a passport.

He was a strong willed character and he duly turned up at the British Embassy in KL and they in good faith gave him a passport.

Remember ALHOLK, that options always open to anyone in trouble, go to KL .

STH

"3) How did he exit Thailand with a new passport with no entry stamp? Or, if he got a replacement entry stamp, why didn't Thai immigration know that his original passport was in the hands of police?"

I have been told that the thai immigration computer system is very basic. This is why if you are deported from thailand its very easy to come back in. Ive heard of people being deported on drug charges and coming back in, I know that some of those boiler room scam guys who were deported are now back in Thailand.

Good fake passports are also very easy to get in Bangkok. Supposedly no problem using them all over the world except in the issuing country. I was once told $2000 is the going price and visa stamps are no problem either.

Archived