• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After watching, listening, and reading for two weeks, I have reached the following conclusions about the potential for Bangkok to flood:   1. Bangkok is a shallow bowl. It has flood-walls to isola

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/worst-flooding-in-decades-swamps-thailand/100168/   Some very good photos of the floods here.   I especially like no. 32 and no. 35.

One does not need to imagine the water pressure it is a basic calculation.   1. The Permanent Road / Dykes are designed to carry heavy vehicles, with 3 Meter sandbag walls on top the maximum force a

Posted Images

flooding reached downtown like rachada, kaset, ladprao but maybe for now sukumvit silum rama 3 spared.

prepare the boats for coming weeks!

certainly yingluck has the 'airforce1' ready with westward direction (dubai)...

I'm not that well known in BKK, but my mother in law stay near the Ramada Menam riverside.

http://www.ramadaplazamenamriverside.com/locations-and-destinations/

Is that in the line of fire`? She is renting there, but will move next month. Don't know what area she is moving to, but I actually tink it's closer to Rama 3. Hope her newly bought house is not affected. For hers sake ofcourse, and my wallet as well ;)

Our house has about 1/2 meter of water inside it.

even though i live about 3 miles from the sea i am fortunate to live on a large hill and never see any sort of bad flooding except where the road is uneven and maybe 3-6 inches of water laying on them.

even in the town near the sea people are lucky enough to rarely get flooded,but the seafront would be perfect for a tsunami like recent ones over the years in asia.

but i see the effects of floods on the news in various areas of my country and it's sad to see the the damage and heartbreak caused.

i cannot imagine the anguish i would feel if my house was filled with 2-3 foot of water..............

I'm trying to come to grips with the kind of traffic chaos this could potentially wreak on BKK. It was nasty enough in Brisbane, a city of around 1.5 million, at the start of 2011 - unimaginable in Bangkok. One of the worst aspects of the QLD floods was the number of idiots who didnt heed warnings and drove into floodwaters - in some cases leaving in bodybags days later : lets hope motorists in Bangkok are brighter than that.

I'm trying to come to grips with the kind of traffic chaos this could potentially wreak on BKK. It was nasty enough in Brisbane, a city of around 1.5 million, at the start of 2011 - unimaginable in Bangkok. One of the worst aspects of the QLD floods was the number of idiots who didnt heed warnings and drove into floodwaters - in some cases leaving in bodybags days later : lets hope motorists in Bangkok are brighter than that.

the 'average' motorist in BKK(or even the whole of thailand)being bright.......... :rotfl: