Indian Call Centres .....

gobbledonk

I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about this, but let me highlight the difference between two major laptop manufacturers - Toshiba and HP.

1. Toshiba Australia allow you to go online and book a laptop service - if the laptop isnt covered by warranty, or they dont find an actual hardware fault, you have to pay all costs. Fair enough.

2. HP, by contrast, like to put you through Indian Call Centre hell. I dont know if I really am a misogynist, but having a woman from Mumbai badger me about 'troubleshooting' when I've already tried everything she suggests really gets my blood pressure going.

Vented - now back to breathing normally and not wanting to garotte the next Indian I see. :banghead:

Hi,

True here is similar. Had issues with my router a couple years back. The girl read off her 3 possible reasons & suggestions on what to do (all of which I'd already tried). When that didn't solve the issue, she suggested I format my harddisk and re-install Windows. I hung up.

Sanuk!

Hi,

True here is similar. Had issues with my router a couple years back. The girl read off her 3 possible reasons & suggestions on what to do (all of which I'd already tried). When that didn't solve the issue, she suggested I format my harddisk and re-install Windows. I hung up.

Sanuk!

ROFLMAO ! That is gold, KS - pure gold. Reads like an episode from BOFH:

http://bofh.ntk.net/BOFH/0000/bastard01.php

Its only funny when it happens to someone else, but the people I want to strangle aren't limited to the call centre dweebs - its the shiny bum execs who 'saved' their company a few hundred thousand while costing millions in goodwill. HP and others don't give a hoot: as long as their share price looks good, thats all that matters.

.... like to put you through Indian Call Centre hell. I dont know if I really am a misogynist, but having a woman from Mumbai badger me about 'troubleshooting' when I've already tried everything she suggests really gets my blood pressure going.

Vented - now back to breathing normally and not wanting to garotte the next Indian I see. :banghead:

GD

If you're still in a mood to vent, here's the next best thing. There's an interactive flash game over on funny<dash>games<dot>biz called 'strip the tech'. She looks decidedly Indian. Be warned, mild adult content.

Think the game was designed by someone who feels similar to what you do.

The best computer shop in town ARE Indians!

Only dealt with a call centre once, I bought 10 hours computer time in Australia from a phone company once and couldn't get it to work.

Got chatting to the lass on the other end and every now and then, when her suggestions didn't work, she would give me another 10 hours "for my trouble".

I ended up with 40 hours time and working internet.

If it hadn't been for the tyranny of distance I reckon I could have banged her as well.

I guess some guys have it and some don't. B)

Archived