Will You Fly Qantas ?

gobbledonk

Japan will keep its own culture, no question about this. But the economic and future cultural engine will be China.

I just discussed with Japanese company owners about developing a fair in Tokyo. They said it's too late. The Japanese market is too small and the fair wouldn't attract enough Asian buyers. For them it's either Singapore or Hongkong...

While city-state places are bigger than 125 mil people market as Japan is. Tokyo alone has more people than entire Canada.

Maybe, depends on what your trade is.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had a dollar for every Korean who has moved to Oz in the last 5 years - granted, many of them are students, but they seem to be bringing Grandma with them. Grandma doesn't do a very good job of pretending to be Japanese, but the kids do. Another phenomenal success story, albeit one with some very scary neighbours. The Kim dynasty is nuttier than squirrel turds.

I've got a mate who lives up here who used to work for Aussie immigration.

He told me that he was involved in a series of brothel raids in Perth a few years back targeting South Korean tourists and students working there.

He says they caught dozens then all of sudden they were told to leave them alone.

Word filtered down that Seoul had protested strongly to Canberra and the mighty trade dollar won out.

He told me he'll take to his grave the image of a naked old man trying to get out of a window and strap on his artificial leg at the same time. :biggrin:

Yep. My trade is very specialized...

Canadian Government pays their companies up to 80% of trade development costs to develop overseas trade up to $120 000 Last time I applied under CIDA (Trade). Canada is smart.

The USA helps the famous companies, forgets the little ones.

Germany doesn't have any financial incentives which I find odd.

New Zealand has up to $NZ450 000 (About thrupence) a NZ company can apply for if wanting to develop overseas trade.

Australian AUSTRADE charges it's Australian companies like a wounded bull took look up a local phone book in a foreign country. $200 per hour for reading a phone book.

So relying just on a cities population is something only a fixed asset company or small business does.

Now back to the question, "Fly QANTAS"?

Doesn't that require them to be flying first?

Remember this isn't a strike, it's industrial action taken by management. Alan Joyce, who paid himself a 70% wage increase to $5million a year, LOCKED OUT THE WORKERS, not the workers of QANTAS going on strike!

YET

Qantas could have, under its own initiative, sought the FWA’s involvement under section 424 of the Fair Work Act. Qantas could have made an application to FWA under section 240 of the Act for FWA to deal with the dispute.

Think about that!

All the signs at the gates show “We’re very sorry. Qantas is not flying due to industrial action."

But if they'd had been subject to a ‘truth in marketing’ provision, they’d have read: “Qantas is not flying due to industrial action triggered by the CEO.â€

humlaar, we can argue the toss about who is right and who is 'wrong', but most passengers wont give a toss - they simply wont buy tickets on an airline that has an ongoing cloud hanging over it. If it was Singapore Airlines, I wouldnt care who was 'right', I would just fly with someone else.

I cant see Qantas continuing to pay Australian wages and competing with other International airlines who clearly dont have the same constraint.

Archived