BG/farang sucessfull relationships

Redbaron

I've been seeing my Thai girlfriend for about a year. Although she's no bar girl as you might require for this post. We've done a lot of travelling together in Thailand, I've met the upcountry family and although I've offered her money on several occasions, she's always said no way. Apart from buying her and her mum/sisters a few gifts etc, there's been no large outlay of cash, and through my friends in Thailand (farang and Thai) I know she's been "behaving". When I'm out of Thailand, we always call each other about once or twice a week, as well as keeping in tough by email and letters/photos. Last time I left, I did send her a few thousand baht (left over from my last trip) and she immediately called me at some stupid hour asking why I sent it. I simply replied I didn't need it and it was useless for me in the UK, so she bought me a present with it, and I think something for my mum as well, who's going over later this year. Right now she's helping her sister who's about to have a baby, and is also helping her mum run a small shop - something her sister used to do, but now is unable to as she's about to drop the baby! This is the only reason she's not with me now, and we plan to be together 'full time' in a few months when all's well with the baby. She's 2 years older than me, and we make a great couple I'm told. (Maybe because we're in approximately the same age group and I'm no big fat bald man!)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

redbaron,

may I ask what economic class your gf is in? Is she self-sufficient from her own work or her family is supporting her because she is a student?

I always try to gauge where the girl is economically because this will determine her needs and how she goes about them. I will also state just because a girl is poor doesn't necesaarily mean she is working in the entertainment industry nor selling her body. I know of some at least poor girls who have managed to stay out of these endeavers. They just have a different set of principles and economic needs are less so they seem to get by on the work they can secure or a little assistance from the family if that is possible.

It is possible to find a poor girl who isn't in the business but I think it is more of an exception than a rule. The one caveat is these girls have an interest in falangs. Many poor girls who are not in the business and have no interests in falangs. I would guess that is the vast majority of poor women in LOS.

Cardinalblue

Quote: "It is possible to find a poor girl who isn't in the business but I think it is more of an exception than a rule. The one caveat is these girls have an interest in falangs. Many poor girls who are not in the business and have no interests in falangs. I would guess that is the vast majority of poor women in LOS."

Are you seriously saying that most poor girls in Thailand are in the "business"? Or am I misunderstanding you? Hopefully so.

Most poor girls in LOS are living upcountry working their asses off.

Hua Nguu

>>Many poor girls who are not in the business and have no interests in falangs.

>>I would guess that is the vast majority of poor women in LOS."

>Are you seriously saying that most poor girls in Thailand are in the "business"? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Sigh... Please read again those two last sentences that you quoted. His point is that the vast majority of poor women are not in the business, and have no interest in farangs, as well.

Wagner

Wagner,

"Sigh... Please read again those two last sentences that you quoted. His point is that the vast majority of poor women are not in the business, and have no interest in farangs, as well. "

Sigh ... please read again the first sentence from the quote that you conveniently omitted when you re-quoted. The complete quote is

"It is possible to find a poor girl who isn't in the business but I think it is more of an exception than a rule. The one caveat is these girls have an interest in falangs. Many poor girls who are not in the business and have no interests in falangs. I would guess that is the vast majority of poor women in LOS. "

The cardinal started off by saying that poor girls not in the business were the exception rather than the rule. In total, the thoughts he presented in the one paragraph are inconsistent and confusing. The question by Hua Nguu was quite reasonable. I too am wondering whether the cardinal's "vast majority" are the poor girls who are in the business or the poor girls who are not in the business.

Regards, JEff

DB,

"Well, can we assume that as a rule, rich girls don't turn whore for the farang market?"

We don't need to assume anything about rich girls. The question is about poor girls. In particular, the question is what did cardinalblue mean by his conflicting statements.

Your analysis is a worthwhile exercise, certainly, but it doesn't tell us what cardinalblue was thinking when he wrote his post.

Regards, JEff

In reply to:

Having said all that, I've seen a couple of villages that were almost utterly devoid of females 18-27.

It?s the same in the village where I live. Many if not most of the people in this age group are factory workers. I?ve known many of them since they were children; see them when they return home for holidays the occasional missing finger their uniforms hanging out to dry.

Having traveled by car quite a bit over the years, Eastern seaboard, the North and Northeast mostly, I?ve passed through many industrial zones with large factories very quiet normally but at 7-8am the roads in these areas are full of people of this age group on their way to work. You can pass hundreds of girls all wearing their factory uniforms, looking lovely.

There is the occasional BG also returning to the village for holidays but they are the exception. It?s funny when they return home for the rice harvest, dressed in the native attire you would not give them a second glance until you hear a girl riding in a cart being towed yell out ?What you name?? ?Where you come from?? I?m still waiting for one to ask me ?You buy cola me????.bahnawk

I have been together with my gf now for more than 3.5 years. When i met her, she had worked the bar for 3 weeks. I could speak a little bit of thai already, that helped. The first 2 years were somewhat hard, because she suffered from hot temper, but now, she is a real sweetheart, 100% commited. She wants rather stay at home alone than meet other thai people. We live up to 6 months a year in Switzerland which she enjoys more than being in Thailand.

I am 40, she is 28.

The end of this year we will marry and next year, i want to move back permanently to Switzerland, because we are both fed up with the thai society.

Archived