BG/farang sucessfull relationships

Redbaron

It is at least as true as "my GF (no BG)".

The correct line is "my GF (no BG, no Freelancer, no Masage Girl etc. etc. I really worked hard and long before we get a couple).

Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTG,

I think the line is "I have worked here 3 months".

In my extensive research, I have found the girls who say they have only worked here in weeks usually not BS. It is the ones who say anything from 2 to 6 months. Girls who say they have worked one or two years is on the up and up. They have grown tired of the BS and seem more straight-forward. What the girls don't tell you especially if you don't probe, is where they worked before here.

The proof though is in the pudding. I don't care what they say. I know pretty much if they are a BSer once I ge them home. If she sleeps with her clothes on and has that "deer in the headlights" look vs knowing the standard routine and comfortable as hell really tells me about how long she has been working in the bar scene.

Cardinalblue

Jeff,

I will re-state. Almost all the girls who are working girls are poor or come from a poor background. It is an exception to find a girl who is poor, has a sincere interest in falang and who is not in the entertainment business.

Overall, The vast majority of poor girls in Thailand are not in the business and have no interest in falang. Don't know the stats but I would guess 95% to 98% fall into this category.

So I conclude that it is rare to find a poor "non-working" girl who has an interest falang. If a poor girls demonstates an interest in you, the odds are is that she is a working girl. Thus the exception. If you want to find out where these "exceptions" are, try the dating services/matchmaking services. I have not come across any girl in this type of place who has a "working" background. I bet they are there as they have slip through the cracks, but my own selection process can be contributed to biases and not random selection.

Cardinalblue

In answer to cardinalblue's question, although my gf is from isaan (nakhon phanom, on the maekong river), she and her family are doing quite well for themselves. I can't remember what her father did for a living, but he wasn't a farmer. (He is now passed away). They own their house and my gf has been married before (she's 30). After her marriage hit the skids, she went abroad for work (Taiwan and Brunei) and helped her mother financially to set up her shop (fresh food and groceries etc). She stopped working just before I met her to see her mum and sisters after working abroad for approx 5 years. The idea was to help her mum with the shop as she's getting old, and the sister who's expecting wanted to spend more time with her husband and other young son. So financially they are doing ok, albeit in a poorer area. Whilst in the villiage, I did notice that there was no poverty I had heard so much about which is supposed to be predominant in Isaan. Everyone seemed to be living in western sized houses, on good sized blocks of land although the houses weren't as luxurious as you'd find in the west.

My gf has never worked in the "entertainment" industry, although she does find it amusing whenever we pass a bar, but she thinks the whole scene would be pretty hard to work in, and almost admires the girls who do it, as she could never do it. (Like many women, she thinks she is too ugly, and regards sex as a very private and personal thing.)

Hope this answers your questions, sorry about the ramblings!

Redbaron,

Thanks for the response. What I find intriging about your answer is your description of the homes in the village?

It sounds more like a residential area than the classic Isaan village. If you are accuarate about home and land size, were you really in a village?

All the villages I have been to in Isaan are just that, villages. Places you walk into or have to take a motorcycle or if lucky the community pick-up truck. The roads are dirt and maybe gravel. The homes though a better description would be closer to huts are one or two room places. There is nothing covering the door entrance with cut-outs as windows. The walls are either cement blocks, wood or tin. The roof is either tin or some leafy matierial like bamboo. The floor is either untreated wood planks, dirt or if lucky concrete.

It sure doesn't sound like you were in a classic village. Maybe an upper-middle class area (isaan standard) which people by nature refers to them as villages. Does your gf call her home/hometown a village? Did it have small children everywhere, dogs and other farm-type animals scattered about between the homes. Does her home have a separate small bulding for the bathroom or a bathroom inside her residence? Was there running water and electricity in the house? Was there a private phone in the residence or a community phone in the middle of the village? Answers to these questions will tell you what economic world that you were in.

You should feel real fortunate about her situation.

Cardinalblue

I am with Cadinalblue on this. A farmer village looks exactly like he described. With the exception maybe that more and more isaan villages also have one or two nice ?western? style houses. But all of them are normally financed by falangs.

Red, what you are describing remembers me more to the homes of lets say, teachers, higher ranked police officers etc. then farmers. And these people are mostly found close to a ?city? (e.g. Sisaket but far more e.g. Kalasin) rather then on the country side.

However, I guess the original question here was if a relationship between a BG and Falang can be successful. My vote is: Yes, it can. But of course it needs a good amount of the ability to judge a person (meaning the ability to find out if she just pretends or if her feelings are honest), a certain portion of luck and last but not least the falang/punters ability to accept that in the first place the women in question is a human being and not a sex slave (many guy?s I know believe if the relation changes form BG/Punter to a real relationship they even though can treat her like before, and this is not gonna work).

Cheers

cardinalblue wrote:

I think the line is "I have worked here 3 months".

In my extensive research, I have found the girls who say they have only worked here in weeks usually not BS. It is the ones who say anything from 2 to 6 months. Girls who say they have worked one or two years is on the up and up. They have grown tired of the BS and seem more straight-forward. What the girls don't tell you especially if you don't probe, is where they worked before here.

The proof though is in the pudding. I don't care what they say. I know pretty much if they are a BSer once I ge them home. If she sleeps with her clothes on and has that "deer in the headlights" look vs knowing the standard routine and comfortable as hell really tells me about how long she has been working in the bar scene.

If I were to express my opinion, I would have written almost exactly the same post.

From what you and others have said, she's in a better off part of Isaan. I'd call it a suburb rather than a villiage. My gf doesn't call it either, she just calls it home, or Nakhon Phanom (the nearest city, even though it's half an hour away). Her house is pretty much the same as a western house except it's on a concrete slab, covered in mats rather than carpets. The streets are dirt/gravel but the main road is sealed. There are a few animals around too, but farmland is about half an hour walk away. They do have a house phone. I'm not sure what the roof was made from, but the doors and windows were real. Most people in the area I met had similar size / style houses and seemed healthy, happy and content. Most people had a motorbike or 2, and many drove pickups. The house had electricity and running water, although they kept rainwater in barells as the tap water wasn't always working. They had a bathroom in the house, as well as one outside which was shared with the neighbour (or it could have been the neighbour's). There were also a few kids around, but no more than in any western town. Apart from the dirt streets and odd chicken, it was the same as any western country town, except the people were friendlier!

Quote from pattaya127

>who cares if she worked more than 3 weeks? She's way >passed the bullshit stage: he's been with her 3 and a half >year, and they live together, not to mention half the year in >Switzerland.

RolandCH, the poster, shouldn't have informed us it HE had thought it hadn't mattered - RIGHT ?

BUT...HE CARED enough to tell us !

Think about it.

GTG.

Archived