BBC Documentary on Pattaya

Tomorrow night Thursday on BBC1 Mcintrye uncovered is going to Thailand to Ko Pagn Nagn, Pattaya to look at the incidious spread of YaBa

" his words not mine" and the general Farang drug trade in Thailand.

His previous documentaries have been good. Its on at 9-00 PM, in todays papers it says that the Thai Embassy is really pissed off, as all publicity lately has been negative, ie 19 yr old rose queens found dead in dingy hostels etc , with the Thai police cocking up the investigation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"His previous documentaries have been good"

Apart from the one in which he managed to get a care home for the Mentally Handicapped (ill?) closed down due to his claims backed by the usually selective editing.

The subsequent official investigation exonerated the place, but by then a bit late for both staff AND residents.

I beleive that the BBC eventually acknowledged they were wrong.

I think there were also some duff claims in another programme he did - but I don't remember the details.

I am not surprised the Thais are worried!

spirit_of_town_hall, how do I find what channel this show is playing on? I'm in California, so will it play on Thurday night in the US also.

What is BBC1, and would I have it on the 70 or so channels I have for cable TV?

I'd really like to see this!

thaistudent

i saw that care home episode - selective editing or not - that place needed to be closed down - treated they rreated those patients was appalling

I liked the hooligan documentary -excellent. I wonder what happened to the main hooligan. I bet it didn't do a lot for his tyre business. Can't say I'd want to meet up with any of that lot on holiday.

The most interesting one was the Milan model docu. Those chaparones certainly lead an interesting life. Why didn't I think of that as a career when I was at school? Drink, drugs, super-models, top clubs, ahhhh

You don't know what BBC is!! :-)

BBC is the British Broadcasting Corporation and is a terrestrial television station. It was the first TV channel in the world.

BBC also have a worldwide news service broadcasting around the globe 24 hours a day.

As to your other question, I doubt if you will be able to receive the broadcast on cable.

Thanks for the tip Spirit!

Ultra,

Did anyone see the last part of "Football fight club" on channel 4 tuesday night ? A Chelsea fan who owns/bought the "Dogs bollocks" in Pattaya was on it ,he was saying how he paid for his bar courtesy of £25,000 he recieved in compensation for his court case for hooliganism that was thrown out of court,he said he sends the MET a postcard every year.

"the incidious spread of YaBa

'his words not mine...'"

SHOULD be your words, and everyone else's. They're certainly mine, too. It is perhaps THE most devastating problem in Thailand today.

Archived