Eminem Bar Owner - Chiang Mai

dave32

I find the expats a bit of a mixed bag - some are happy to go with the flow with 'weekend warriors' (particularly if there is a beer in it..) but others are way too cynical about Thailand, even when accompanied by a Thai partner. Its especially tough when that cynicism comes from someone in their early 30s - just seems way too young to be getting caught up in that spiral. Lets just say that constant exposure to the Thai education system doesnt seem to go down well with most Westerners. A lot of the same sentiments are expressed here, but its harder to take when the beer starts to kick in and they get loud about the defects in the Thai personality - imagine an Aussie in LA droning on about what a 'bunch of fuckwits these Yanks are' ....

as longer as you live here, as more racist you get! but that's probably not specific for thailand. could also happen living abroad in any other country like Singapore, China, Korea or... Australia.

and not that I think yanks are less fuckwits than thais!

Most of the expats up here are pretty happy with their lives.

Maybe it's the lack of a real bar scene and the accompanying drunks to tell you you're not really happy after all.

I've noticed a lot get cynical when they start running out of money as well.

Archived