Bourbon Street

gummigut

Whelp. I ended up on Washington Square and decided to treat myself at Bourbon Street.

Never been there before.

Food was just awesome. Portions were very big. I rolled out the door. The banana milk shake could have used more ice but other than that this was an absolutely great meal. Great atmosphere. Music wasn't to loud.

Couldn't believe the food tasted that fresh as I ordered just before 1am.

<<burp>>

If you thought THAT was awesome, wait until November when the all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving buffet is offered. A damned fine feed.

I agree with both posters (same all-you-can-eat buffet for Christmas SS) on the quality and portion sizes at Bourbon Street. From time to time they will have special celebrations when they feature Cajun Buffets. Great food!

Also, if you would like to roll out the door like gummigut and like Mexican Food, drop by Bourbon Street Tuesday night for their Mexican Buffet.

Then send us a warning so we can retire to our bomb shelters! smile.gif

My only problem with Bourbon Street is that it can be a devil to get to sometimes. Soi 22 can be a real mess after you get off Sukhumvit (which also can be a mess). A long walk from the BTS. Having said that, Bourbon Street is one of the best fill-up places around.

• 3 weeks later...

All,

I agree. I also use their rooms usually when staying in Bangkok. The wife fell in love with their crawdads once I convinced her to try this farang fare. They are delicious!! You can get a full kilo or a half kilo and have them sent up room service. Nothing like pigging out on spicy crawdads while lying about in bed after an evening's romp in the hay, with the lovely lass peeling and feeding you these delectible morsels. They have a great red snapper fish in white sauce plate too, and the sausage and potato dish is excellent!! They give you a daily free breakfast chit with each room's rental too.

Cent

That is also my favorite item on the Mexican buffet at Warbler's on Wednesday night. The price is 120 baht, and I know chicken fajitas are 400 B in TGIFriday's. Besides the chicken fajitas in Warbler's there are a few other decent dishes too.

But, Bourbon Street does have more dishes at a higher cost.

good music in the pub also.

The 'Soi Dog Blues Band' was playing there several nights per week during my last visit in December, John Lee Hooker & Stevie Ray Vaughn type song selection.

Nice to get away from the 98% sex tourist scene along Suk, my non BG friend ( who is "embarrassed" by sanukers ) was comfortable there. She had not been exposed to Da Blues previously.

>The 'Soi Dog Blues Band' was playing there several nights per week during my last visit in December, John Lee Hooker & Stevie Ray Vaughn type song selection. <

My kind of music indeed! I'll be visiting BKK in mid August, where will this band be playing then, anyone know?

Taipan

Archived