Names

sayjann

in a town about 90 minutes drive from me it seems a directive has been given out to people like bus drivers and taxi drivers not to use words to the opposite sex which may cause offence.

ONE WOMAN has complained about a sexist remark made to her,the henious words were something like 'goodnight love'.

it seems words like love/darling/duck/kidder/our kid/boyo and babes are frowned upon no matter which gender say them.

in the UK we have many words which mean nothing sexual,just terms which many are regional and have been for many years.

i don't use words like these to strangers but i see no problem if you know the person well.

with friends i would often call them babes and never a problem and often and i would often i would be called what i thoujt of affectiate names.

what are your thoughts,are you frightened to address someone in what you consider an informsl way?.

...it seems words like love/darling/duck/kidder/our kid/boyo and babes are frowned upon no matter which gender say them.

in the UK we have many words which mean nothing sexual,just terms which many are regional and have been for many years.

i don't use words like these to strangers but i see no problem if you know the person well...

Of course it's only the UK "working class" that actually use these names. :stirthepo

Shitbird, douchebag, turd and commode head also seem to be out these days. :hmmm:

just saw a TV news report about this story.

people asked(mainly older women)about what they thought and they said they loved it.

they all said that an uttering of 'luv/darling' thrilled them them.

most said that they had not been called that for years and enjoyed hearing the terms with big smiles.

funnily enough was the only person they showed being interviewed was a spotty male teenager who made his disgust very apparent.

obviously not someone who has ever been called anything endearing.

Archived