"hitler Chic" Hubub On Thai Visa

It's really amusing reading the rants and bitches of the sanctimonious, ultra-PC crowd on ThaiVisa.com (and the various "rebels" who get summarily banned and deleted by the fucking hyper-vigilant BOARD NAZIS there)...this "late breaking story" has really brought them out n droves:

Hitler Chic Hubub in Thailand

First of all...you know the old refrain, but it is true: we're fucking *visitors* in their country, who are we to judge the Thais' behavior?!

And then...jeez, a little history, folks! We're surprised that the Thais like Nazis?!? Thailand was a fucking Nazi sympathizer country in WWII!! (as were the "Vichy French" ruling Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam at the time...)

In a word, yaaaaaawn!

Have to agree that is pretty bad how far the PC has gone, but for many there is another agenda at work as well. One poster on TV summed it up:

How anyone can be offended by this sort of thing is just beyond belief. These images are doing two things: they are ridiculing the nazi image and poking fun at corporate propaganda by bastardising Ronald McDonald.

The responses on here indicate how far political correctness has gone, but on the other hand it's given the forum's malcontents a chance to point out how uneducated Thais are, so I suppose they're happy.

I don't think Thailand role in WWII or Thai's ignorance about Hitler have anything to do with the images showing up for sale in Thailand now. The Ronald McHitler image is not even new. It started at least 2 years years ago and not in Thailand. TH

Some idiot student used to drive jeep to the university that had a huge Nazi swastika on the front and a picture of Che Guevara on the rear. He didn't even realise the two were symbols of opposing forms of government.

Actually they are pretty much the same form of government, namely authoritarian. The only difference is the reason given for that central government control.

TH

Actually they are pretty much the same form of government, namely authoritarian. The only difference is the reason given for that central government control.

TH

Anyway, I presume that most people in Asia have no idea about the history of Nazi Germany. My guess is that Nazi signs are just a fashion items which they have seen in movies, e.g..And don't forget that Nazis were masters in propaganda and in creating a cult, by using powerful symbols and creating powerful visual displays.

Archived