Thai360 Writing Contest

khunsanuk

Did panadol submit or what? 6 is much better than 5, you know why? Because in theory there are 3 places here, which at 6 puts your odds at 50% (yes, I know I'm pointing out the obvious, it's my muthafuckin petit mal).

So, I'm not thinking of winners, I'm thinking of - it's gonna feel pretty fucking horrible to not get something at less then 50% odds. All artists and aspiring artists and forum posters have frail egos, that's just common knowledge, so uhhhhhhhhh

yeah.

Anyway, honestly didn't think you'd even get 2, so 6 ain't bad.

Oh - and PDS, you know that panacea has a connotation of bullshit and fraud right? I'd say that's the last thing the board needs. What it needs is people coming in here - and flowing a little something interesting to read, in whatever form.

My odds are more like 1 in 6, in that case (barring talent), despite what you say (which is wrong) - and I've already explained that I wouldn't submit a story if the competition wasn't there. Which it isn't. It's no fun. Have you entered a story?

Besides I like to just write posts as I go, adding topics and working them out as I go. I don't have the patience to sit down and write a story - I'd rather tell it.

Not sure what you mean about the simple word panacea. To me it means patch up and cure and make better in every way. Sigh...

Anyhow KhunSanuk if you want to extend the deadline - I've got a killer story to tell! Extend the deadline, and market it! I mean market it - did you put posters up in the bars? You know the sort of thing; did you tip the girls to mention it whenever they talk to the punters? I mean this is marketing 101. C'mon guys we can do way, *way* better than this.

With the greatest respect

Panadol

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My odds are more like 1 in 6, in that case (barring talent), despite what you say (which is wrong) - and I've already explained that I wouldn't submit a story if the competition wasn't there. Which it isn't. It's no fun. Have you entered a story?

Well, what I say is often wrong, thank you very kindly. But - if there are 3 places drawing prizes out of 6, comprendez? Not about prizes though, but the sentiment for those 2 poor souls if they take five stories and acknowledge three of them.

My favorite authors are Bukowski, Camille Paglia, Richard Dawkins --> whom I also find annoying at times. All of them. But they're great writers who've left a mark (for the better) on the world. Somebody just gave me a book by a French dude named Celine (whom I'd never heard of) "Journey to the End of the Night." I can't put this book down, was late for work this morning because I got up and started reading it. He's good.

No I did not submit a story.

sounds to me like too many are saying they will "only enter if there are prizes". If people simply wrote something and entered the bloody thing instead of posting "how many entries so far?" and "will I win a prize" we wouldn't have this situation. Then if KS suddenly says we have enough entries for prizes, another lot of excuses will come out...

It's just a bit of fun lads, nobody will be winning a Pulitzer in this....

sounds to me like too many are saying they will "only enter if there are prizes".

The prize is a de-motivating factor, not the opposite. Would have rather have seen a gathering of contributions and saying hey -- here's what people created enjoy and leave feedback. It wouldn't take long based on that feedback to evaluate impact on an audience. I'm not a writer and have no aspirations as such, but would def be curious to get feedback from people (not judges) - (eg, this sucks - you're an idiot, or - hey, that touched something). Like, I love reading Turkfist stories, I don't know why. The guy could be a grade A asshole for all I know, but he can lay it down pretty good.

But when you have self-appointed judges giving out prizes, no matter how good the intent, the more I thought about it was just thinking -- nahhh. Just aint' feeling it.

And I'm fucking lazy.

But Flash was right, it's a thing that takes a little thought and effort, and good on you guys that contributed. It's appreciated, regardless. Won't interfere in this thread anymore, just wanted to make crystal clear that if the 'only enter for prizes quip' was put my way, puh leaze.

The just a bit of fun lads thing is right. Unless it's not. :)

Archived