Thai360 Writing Contest

khunsanuk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Guys, the deadline is fast approaching and I've only received 4 entries so far. Not nearly enough for prizes to be awarded. To be honest, I seriously doubt we'll reach the 20 entries huumlaar has set in order to give out prizes, but I do think we can do better than 4. So, if you are working on a story - or were considering writing one - please send it in ASAP.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Guys, the deadline is fast approaching and I've only received 4 entries so far. Not nearly enough for prizes to be awarded. To be honest, I seriously doubt we'll reach the 20 entries huumlaar has set in order to give out prizes, but I do think we can do better than 4. So, if you are working on a story - or were considering writing one - please send it in ASAP.

Sanuk!

I do have a story, not my usual trex - something quite special I think. My idea was I would submit it just before the deadline - which is now. Well 15 minutes from now Brisbane time. However I'm uncomfortable with submitting it since there has apparently been such a poor response.

I wish I knew a panacea for this board, but right now I can't think of one.

Cheers

Panadol

Hi,

I agree, just write it. I admit that eventhough I hadn't expected we'd reach 20 entries I am a bit disappointed that we got only 5 so far (Panadol, yours would make 6 which is better than 5 :) ). I'll post them later today or tomorrow morning as I might be out for good parts of today.

Sanuk!

I'll see if I can get some judges. Should be a few around, though one of the last judges has gone back to the States.

p.s. I'm doing editing right now, no time to put the effort into fiction. I can look at the board a few times a day, but real writing takes time to think. Posting doesn't (which should be obvious). :p

Did panadol submit or what? 6 is much better than 5, you know why? Because in theory there are 3 places here, which at 6 puts your odds at 50% (yes, I know I'm pointing out the obvious, it's my muthafuckin petit mal).

So, I'm not thinking of winners, I'm thinking of - it's gonna feel pretty fucking horrible to not get something at less then 50% odds. All artists and aspiring artists and forum posters have frail egos, that's just common knowledge, so uhhhhhhhhh

yeah.

Anyway, honestly didn't think you'd even get 2, so 6 ain't bad.

Oh - and PDS, you know that panacea has a connotation of bullshit and fraud right? I'd say that's the last thing the board needs. What it needs is people coming in here - and flowing a little something interesting to read, in whatever form.

Archived