LoxInfo

SUZIBANDIT

I just starrted using the loxinfo temporary internet acess cards you can buy at any computer center.

The card I have says 30 hours for 380 baht. I paid 320 baht for it.

I assume it is good for 30 full hours of access. But it also says that during the day you pay 12.66 baht an hour and between midnight and 8 am you pay 5.06 baht an hour. Now if I only used the net at night this card should be good for closer to 60 hours.

Does anyone know if this is how it works? Also, how do they measure the time. If i use say, 47 minutes, does it deduct that exact amount or round up to the hour? And finally, is there any way to check how much time I have remaining on the card?

Thanks

Thanks for the swift reply guys.

I did notice that as my first card was winding down the disconnect, then reconnect for a minute or two saga occured. Thanks for letting me know, as I was getting ready to strangle my girlfriend for picking up the receiver repeatedly. wink.gif "Hon, you finish computer yet? What you look at? What you write? Why they talk about make love too much?"

I'll check the web site as well.

You know I just bought a LOXINFO Web Kit (63 hours/750 B) to use as a backup for when my regular ISP, Samart, is down - sadly, that can be often.

I am a bit thick when it comes to computers. When I dialed in, it asked me for my User ID and Password. The instructions have me baffled.

Type the User Name from the Slip Code for example, 810000000@webnet.loxinfo.co.th

Type a Password in the Password Box

Well, I'm not sure what the hell the Slip Code is. I found a S/N on a card inside called an Access Code. I entered that and made up a password.

I couldn't get in. Kept getting errors - could not establish a connection. Try again .... ad infinitum.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

"I'm not sure what the hell the Slip Code is. I found a S/N on a card inside called an Access Code. I entered that and made up a password."

Sarisin,

Flip that card over and you'll see a little "open" tab on the bottom right corner. Peel it open like a pull tab at a bowling alley and inside you will find your user name and password. Plug those into the boxes you mentioned and you're in business. Just remember that the password is case sensitive.

Thanks Suzibandit (nice avatar, BTW).

I am such a dork when it comes to stuff like that. I should have known the word 'open' and the little arrow might be a clue to solving my retarded problem.

I appreciate your help my friend.

Archived