The Cathouse

Sarisin

Chang is 8%. smile.gif

Cheaper than Singh, Chang is marketed as a cheaper, stronger alternative to Singh. (Boon Rawd Brewery, the makers of Singh, just came out with something called Thai Beer, cheaper than Singh and 6.5%.) I love Singh, but Chang IS drinkable, and I think I could have a go for 100 baht for all I can drink. As I recall, Happy Hour is 4-8, and that's when the 100-baht special is one, and everything else is half-price (meaning a bottle of Singh is 40 baht, which is getting back to about 1990 prices, which is all right in my book). I haven't been able to make it there during Happy Hour yet, though, but I did drop in late one night recently. Not a bad little place to hang out.

Chang is the beer of choice (well, there is no choice in most due to the 'marketing tactics' of its producer!) in most of the Issan villages I have been in - so you can imagine it has a bit of a kick as well as being cheap - 3 large ones for B100 is common - though still not as cheap as the Cathouse! I actually enjoy it though I find it close to undrinkable if it is not VERY cold, it is one of the few beers I will drink with ice!!

It also needs something to nibble on while you're drinking it.

LG

Hi there Big Kev and Belgian Boy

I will also be around for the first two weeks of July maybe we should all meet in the Cathouse instead of the Woodstock which has been getting a roasting on another thread recently.

If you guys are interested in meeting up please send me a PM.

Uniformguy

I find Chang highly drinkable , though I have been known to "ice it up" as well . I can confirm also that in the villages it seems to be all that you see.

BB, I wish I was still going to be in LOS in a couple of months as originally planned a few months ago , but as you know I will be there later in year hopefully , see you then.

All the Chang you can drink for 100bhts.Wait until the "village idiot" gets wind of this Mr Topcat!We,re talking about a 70kg man who on more than one occasion has sunk 12 pints of export strength lager over a two hour lunch time session.Keep your woman beautiful,stay pissed,thats his motto.Is this promotion likley to be on for the forseeable future T.C.

And Belgian boy I,m very impressed by your countries Leiff Beer.A beer that all beers should be measured by.I,ll try and get some when I go across the channel on friday.

Archived