The Cathouse

Sarisin

As promised here, I led a dirty dozen of the boys up to The Cathouse to see what that place was all about last night. I'm definitely a gogo bar kinda guy, but I liked what I saw at The Cathouse - and I am not just saying that because our own Top Cat has a little to do with this fine establishment.

BTW, I never did get to meet the Head Feline as he was out when we were there from 9 - 10 pm. Maybe next time, and there will be a next time.

The bar is a pleasant respite from the action in the gogo bars. Not smoky at all inside and I was surprised how cool it was without air-conditioning - maybe the recent rainstorm had something to do with that. A decent crowd was present besides our group.

A very pleasant bunch of hostesses/GROs (Guest Relations Officers) or 'cats' on-hand to take our orders and chat. Some definite cuties in the bunch too!

My Carlsberg was ice-cold and delicious. And, the prices are superb in The Cathouse too.

My only complaint was that the small Thai live band they had was a bit loud. When they played, it was difficult to have a conversation with their volume. And, that's a shame as I view The Cathouse as a great place to sit around, have a few drinks and chat.

I'll definitely be back! smile.gif

Thanks Saracin, Sorry I missed you. I have been home the last couple nights nursing a dying computer. Thought I had it fixed last week but it suffered a relapse. You can back up all you want, but why is it that when you try to re-install on a new computer none of the stuff is compatible? Aargghhh!

Anyway, to respond. Thanks for noticing that it is cooler inside than outside. I recently installed two 35,000 BTU Air-con units and an air-curtin....Seems effective. An air-conditioned Bar Beer...Thai logic.

As to the band being loud. Yeah, I've been thinking that myself for a few weeks but thought it was just me and my lousy hearing. I'll turn it down tonight.

Again, thanks for taking a look.

Hmmm... The Cathouse. Becoming one of my favourite bars, but that's purely because of the 'all you can drink for 100 baht' and I'm a cheap bastard!

Got through an immense quantity of Chang on Friday night, I think I was down to an average price of 7 baht per bottle by the end. :-)

Hi Big Kev,

Don't know. I gave up singha as too strong for an all-day brew. I just found out singha is actually a malt liquor by definition. 6% alcohol. Beer chang is another beer produced in Thailand. But I know nothing of it.

But....100 baht for all you can drink? And this place is right next to 'titty twister'? I'm sooo there.

Archived