One man's opinion

gobbledonk

Guys,

I havent spent a lot of time in Thailand, and I dont anticipate returning in the near future (too much of Asia still to see), but I do have fond memories of my time with a BG in Pattaya. I notice the occasional flame regarding the fact that some of us put the girls up on a pedestal, when they are simply 'whores' or whatever derogatory term you want to use, and that we should just use them and forget em.

Here are my thoughts :

1. There are good, bad and indifferent people in any given bar at any given time : sex workers and punters alike. Whatever their faults, they are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

2. Yes, they are materialistic. How many women do you know who dont know the value of a dollar ?

3. Many of these girls are hardened by their experiences - I would be too. How many of them are genuinely malicious in their dealings with us ?

4. How many caring and genuine women have you ever met in a Farang bar at 2am ?

As I said, this is just my opinion. I'm happy to hear from those whose experiences havent been so rosy.

I have to agree with you here dude. Like anything else, it is all a matter of who and when. If you liked a girl, had a good time with her, and she didn't try to take you, what do you care, you had a good time, and that is what it is all about. I get a little tweeked at some of the nasty remarks made towards the girls as well, but well, we all have our issues.

I have to agree.

For someone who has spent such a short time in Thailand, you've hit a lot of nails right on the head.

For those whose experiences haven't been as good as yours, the same observations still apply. They just landed for the bad or indifferent elements who can be found all over the world, some tourists in Thailand most definately included.

Pom said :

that 1 BG is going to haunt your travels

Thanks, Pom. I THINK I'll be OK, but it is extraodinary the way that the sight of long, black hair can trigger all sorts of flashbacks :}

I have a date with a Zhuang princess in southern China come September, and I dont think she'll be too thrilled if I start throwing around phrases like 'So, are there any direct flights to Bangkok from here ?' ....

From my first night in Pattaya, years ago, i knew things were not like anywhere else. i just met that girl, and we jut talked, and as we all walked back to the hotel we met friends of hers and sat down again in someplace, for a good couple hours. One of the girl was crying because her BF had gone in the morning and somehow it was a funny sight as my date and i kept smiling at each other, the whole set-up was surreal, but i learnt many things about Pattaya in one night that are still good today. just a few: 1)if they were true whores, why cry,or love a customer?

2) It's the company that makes you happy, not the sex.

3) language barrier? What language barrier? This is HOME!etc.....

Archived