Do They Have Goths In Thailand ?

gobbledonk

Goths used to be called 'swampies' here - a derogatory term they didnt appreciate. Like punk, when the hardcore look became more a fashion statement I thought some of the girls actually looked kinda hot in the same way Yvonne De Carlo did in the Addams Family. Havent seen any gals like this in Thailand:

japanese-goth-shock-demotivational-poster-1236477987.jpg

Goths used to be called 'swampies' here - a derogatory term they didnt appreciate. Like punk, when the hardcore look became more a fashion statement I thought some of the girls actually looked kinda hot in the same way Yvonne De Carlo did in the Addams Family.

Wrong! De Carlo never appeared on a single episode of The Addams Family, as far as I know. She did appear on a whole lot of episodes of The Munsters, though

I've seen a very few Thai girls who might almost be considered Goths. But it really only goes as far as the hair. The Japanese-style coloured hair never caught on here either, though you may see a rare girl with green, red or bleached blonde hair. It is actually a bit surprising, since Japanese cartoons and Japanese music groups are very popular in LOS.

I've seen a very few Thai girls who might almost be considered Goths. But it really only goes as far as the hair. The Japanese-style coloured hair never caught on here either, though you may see a rare girl with green, red or bleached blonde hair. It is actually a bit surprising, since Japanese cartoons and Japanese music groups are very popular in LOS.

Flash, take a look at the two photos in this thread and tell me if you see any coloured hair - the Goth look is tailormade for Asians, at least those who havent already dyed their hair some ridiculous shade. I much prefer Thai women with long. black hair over their skanky cousins with some hideous coloured jobbie.

I agree with Munchy - the gal he found from Google Images is very cute - so many of the bars have girls who look like cardboard cutouts of one another or they make some token attempt to dress them as Japanese schoolgirls. Attractive girls with the motivation to put a little effort in could really carry this look off - put metal on the playlist instead of the usual MoR crap and you'd have a bar that stood out from the rest. Absolutely no fatties or old bats - putting makeup on those girls only makes them look worse - you would need a Farang owner who was prepared to cut girls if they packed on the pounds, but look at Munchy's photo and tell me you wouldnt want to buy her a drink or fifteen.

(Final note - absolutely no katoeys, no matter how well they could pull the Goth look off. If it wasnt born with a pussy, it wont be working in my fantasy Goth Bar)

Flash, take a look at the two photos in this thread and tell me if you see any coloured hair - the Goth look is tailormade for Asians, at least those who havent already dyed their hair some ridiculous shade. I much prefer Thai women with long. black hair over their skanky cousins with some hideous coloured jobbie.

I agree with Munchy - the gal he found from Google Images is very cute - so many of the bars have girls who look like cardboard cutouts of one another or they make some token attempt to dress them as Japanese schoolgirls. Attractive girls with the motivation to put a little effort in could really carry this look off - put metal on the playlist instead of the usual MoR crap and you'd have a bar that stood out from the rest. Absolutely no fatties or old bats - putting makeup on those girls only makes them look worse - you would need a Farang owner who was prepared to cut girls if they packed on the pounds, but look at Munchy's photo and tell me you wouldnt want to buy her a drink or fifteen.

(Final note - absolutely no katoeys, no matter how well they could pull the Goth look off. If it wasnt born with a pussy, it wont be working in my fantasy Goth Bar)

Lot's of Goth Girls in Thailand, you just need to get out of the Farang Ghetto to find them.

Just like the Punk girls and other fashion trends, they exist have their clubs and fashion hang-outs, and can be very cute.

When you finally land and move beyond the usual haunts you'll find them, but it means hanging out in odder places.

Which is great fun.

Thanks huumlaar - I suspected that might be the case. The vast majority of the Skytrain crowd appear to be a fairly homogeneous bunch - I know its a society based on conformity, but in some circles here black mascara and a dog collar are part of the 'uniform'. Agree re the Farang ghetto, but I dont see myself living in Ratchada - its crazier than Suk Soi 22 out there !

Archived