Payback Time

limbo

From the Bangkok Post

Click on the link

Many Thais believe that when a god or spirit makes a wish come true, they must redeem the vow made when they asked for it to be granted. One extreme example of this belief can be witnessed at Baan Jujaka in Bangkok. Here, thousands of Jujaka statues, a greedy old Brahmin who lived as a beggar in Buddhist legend, are worshipped. Visitors to Baan Jujaka usually redeem their vow by offering coyote dancing – a provocative dance with sexually explicit moves – to the beggar spirit. Video by Jetjaras Na Ranong.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly the dance offerings are standard fare for this sort of thing, wife paid the dancers at Erawan after our first child was born, she says it was the wish that got her pregnant, nothing of course to do with coming off the pill about 8 months previous :huh:

I'm curious though when did the coyote dancing start, It's not exactly something that was common 50 years ago let alone a few hundred, what did they call it before? Or was coyote dancing invented in Thailand a couple of thousand years ago? :lol:

Coyote dancing started maybe 6 or 7 years ago, taking its name from the movie "Coyote Ugly", the name of a bar in NYC (I think). In the film an aspiring song writer becomes a dancer in the bar, since it is the best way to make money. The gals dance erotically and customers stuff money into their knickers.

All of a sudden, we were seeing "coyote dancing" in Bangkok. Several bars in Cowboy feature coyote dancers, who are usually quite good - but do not go nude and are not bar-finable. (They may go out after the bar closes, but will be expensive.) Many Thai nightclubs feature them too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCFYEex4bLA&feature=fvwrel

My link

Archived