Payback Time

limbo

Flasher is a true historian of all kind of stuff, in particular dirty one!

what about the real history of whoremongering?

Flash should write the history of BKK P4P together with Trink. This would be THE ultimate book on this topic.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trink knows far more than I do, since he was here in the 1960s when even Patpong had yet to begin. He outlined the early days to me once, things I had never heard before - about the Sani Chateau and the nightlife on Charoern Krung Road. Unfortunately, he is too lazy to write it down. Since he is about 80 now, he probably never will. :(

Once upon a time I was editor of a Thailand tourism magazine, with the emphasis on Bangkok. It was my business to know what was going on. The salary was just okay, but the perks were great. Lots of free dinners with the GMs and PR people of 5-star hotels, free trips to Pattaya and Phuket, limousines to pick me up and drive me around. Everybody wanted me to write good things about them and tried to keep me happy.

The downside was the constant rush to make deadlines in publishing! No sooner would I have the magazine ready to go, than sales would come in with a new advert and I'd have to start making space for it. My Aussie colleague who did the inflight magazines had a nervous breakdown! :p

Trink knows far more than I do, since he was here in the 1960s when even Patpong had yet to begin. He outlined the early days to me once, things I had never heard before - about the Sani Chateau and the nightlife on Charoern Krung Road. Unfortunately, he is too lazy to write it down. Since he is about 80 now, he probably never will. :(

Seriously, since Trink doesn't want/isn't able to write about BKK's P4P past he needs a co-author who knows BKK and it's past and who is a writer himself. That's you!

yes, Flash is nominated! More board members please join in encouraging him!

I agree we need Flash to take on the mantle of seeking out and reporting on all things sexy, morbid, etc etc about Thailand now and in the past.

Flash will be required to delve deep into the innermost parts of a BG's past (or any other part of her for that matter).

Pictures will be needed as proof that such work is taking place.

You know you want to do it - so get out there and report back.

How do I take pictures of Bangkok's past? :hmmm:

Trink is the man with photographs. For years he had a cameraman assigned to accompany him on his bar hops. He had a file cabinet full of photos of bars and BGs, including naughty ones. (He always had a topless or bottomless photo in his 3-page spread. We used to look at the pics as soon as we got the paper Bangkok World), trying to find the nudes.)

http://en.wikipedia....i/Bernard_Trink

How do I take pictures of Bangkok's past? :hmmm:

I'd start at the Grace, then make my way to Thermae ... go with black and white, slightly washed out, images and I reckon you could nail it. Get a few expats to dress in their worst 60s gear and you could be onto something here. Retro mongering - nostalgia just aint what it used to be, is it ?

Archived