Funeral Insurance Available In Thailand ?

gobbledonk

One of the realities that goes with my solemn oath to never return to Oz post April/May 2014 - visa runs notwithstanding - is that I fully expect to die in Asia and wish to be cremated there. Whilst having my ashes 'dusted' across punters on Walking St might be a bridge too far, I would be happy with a simple Buddhist service and the Embassy can do what they want with the ashes.

Anyhoo, is there anything in the way of a funeral plan available from a reputable insurer in Thailand, or am I better off just leaving 200K with Nok and hoping for the best ? :eek:

(please, no jibes about Thais inviting me to a 'free BBQ' - that would be funny if it hadn't actually happened, and it was somehow restricted to Thailand. Nuff said)

Good to plan ahead but surely there are better things to think about,I mean in LOS really who cares what happens after you " kick the bucket ".Personally I hope by then I`m down to my last few baht - let Lek or Noi sell some of the gold you bought her to give you a good send-off :chinaman: In regard to funeral insurance schemes,here in Farangland most are pretty much scams and pay out less than the premiums invested :twocents:

Ok, go one step further/better. Rather than taking out funeral insurance, open an online savings account with zero fees, and a half decent interest rate. Pretend you have taken out funeral insurance but instead of paying the cash into the plan, put it into the savings. There'll be enough in there for the funeral before you know it, set the details of said account, along with other financial particulars in your will.

Another option would be to simply put the money for the funeral aside.

Archived