Funeral Insurance Available In Thailand ?

gobbledonk

Gobble ,Didn`t think you were so old that this was a problem,unless your thinking of joining the Pattaya base jumpers :surprised: ....Don`t forget to remember me in your will :cheerleader:

What percentage of Farang expats would you estimate die of natural causes at 70+ ? I caught a bus from Penang to KL a couple of years back and arrived to the news that 31 people had been killed in a bus crash the night before - same road, same 'double decker' design. From the accident photos, it was clear that the they may as well have been sitting in the tray of a pickup truck for all the protection the bus offered - particularly the top deck. My point is that I cant work off the assumption that I'm going to live to anything resembling a ripe old age - my estate is one thing, but that takes time to sort : a decaying corpse needs to be cremated ASAP.

huumlar, thanks for the advice.

Gobbie,

I cannot understand your fascination with funeral insurance, sod it when I am off this mortal coil I doubt I would know the difference between having a gold plated coffin or thrown on a paupers funeral pyre.

In Thailand the majority of funerals are cremation so at the end of the day you end up as a pile of ashes.

Fuck it I am going to take all my money with me and let others worry about the costs of disposing of my corpse, as my uncle the undertaker once said, he has never made a shroud with pockets!

• 1 month later...

...My point is that I cant work off the assumption that I'm going to live to anything resembling a ripe old age - my estate is one thing, but that takes time to sort : a decaying corpse needs to be cremated ASAP....

The money for the cremation can be in a saving/checking account set up as POD (payable on death) in the name of the person responsible for your cremation. The money in the account would only be available to that person after you death. The person responsible for you cremation would have to present your death certificate at the bank to gain accesss to the money for the cremation. This is the way I have mine set up.

• 3 months later...

Having seen this conundrum come around multiple times over the years, the best reason for leaving some cash to sort out your death, is that if you don't, then some of those who knew you will be pressurised into paying out money which some may ill be able to afford.

Or just dig a hole in the garden and ask Lek to chuck you in when the time comes. She can then keep collecting your pension from the ATM.

Archived