Actual BG/Farang Marriages

HSTEACH

I guess I didn't fully explain my response. What I meant was the I-129F petition was filed by caucausion Americans. I know the woman gets the K-1, alhough many guys refer to getting a K-1 for their fiance,and that's the context of what I was saying. As far as the spousal visa, I would be willing to bet a majority are issued to Thai females. To be honest, I've never heard of a Thai male getting a spousal visa, although I'm sure it happens. If I was guessing, I'd say 5% or less to Thai males.I went back and looked at the number of visas issued via the visa lottery and the last figure I found was a little over 300. Not many, so I would think maybe many more came before the lottery system was instituted. As one poster said before, many came during and right after the VietNam war. I've never seen a figure on that number and maybe many of the Thai women seen here today are the result of marriages to GIs from the VietNam era. The time frame would be about right. Farang/Thai daughters born 20-25 years ago.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HSTeach,

"What I meant was the I-129F petition was filed by caucausion Americans. I know the woman gets the K-1, alhough many guys refer to getting a K-1 for their fiance,and that's the context of what I was saying."

I was sure that was what you meant, because I know that you know better. As a teacher, you might want to give some thought to setting a good example, rather than a bad one, and describe things correctly so we can counteract the effect of the "many guys" who spread confusion with inaccurate information.

Cheers, JEff

Archived