Phone Network Upgrade In S. Pattaya?

gawguy

I use a usb dongle (3G) here in f/land.c.750 bt for 1 month and 3 gb of data.Speed is good enough to watch all vids although there is some buffering .Top-up is done by buying a voucher for the monthly cost every month and entering the code on the web site (3/Hutchison).I havnt tried out this system yet in LOS but would expect it to be the same :dunno: For the phone try checking out the AIS web site.I would expect there to be a PAYG deal on offer by the month or by amount of data used accessed by buying a top-up then texting a code to AIS :dunno: I will have to sort this out for sure when I visit later this year.

I use a usb dongle (3G) here in f/land.c.750 bt for 1 month and 3 gb of data.Speed is good enough to watch all vids although there is some buffering .Top-up is done by buying a voucher for the monthly cost every month and entering the code on the web site (3/Hutchison).I havnt tried out this system yet in LOS but would expect it to be the same :dunno: For the phone try checking out the AIS web site.I would expect there to be a PAYG deal on offer by the month or by amount of data used accessed by buying a top-up then texting a code to AIS :dunno: I will have to sort this out for sure when I visit later this year.

So 3GB of data doesn't get used up before month ends watching videos all the time?

I have just done a speedtest now in North Pattaya using AIS on my iPad.

Ping 45mS, D/L 7.59Mbps, U/L 0.92Mbps

What I like about AIS is the fact that I have 2 SIM's on the same account one for the iPhone and the other in the iPad, unlimited data and only 1,200 Baht / Month.

No need to change your "Dongle" just get a SIM from another provider and give it a try, there has to be a 7-11 or a Familymart within 2 minutes of where you are now so go and get a pre-paid and give it a shot.

Wow! That's a good speed! I thought True might be good too so..I'm giving them a try, I bought a TrueMove H 3G+ SIM. I bought a minimal amount of download (or whatever it's called) to test it, just 100 baht for 70 mb. It runs pretty well. Can watch youtube music with a little interruption for buffering. Did Speedtest and it seems slow: 133ms Ping / 1.65 Mbps download / .35 Mbps upload. The connection says "HSDPA" and under that in another area "52000" - what does that 52000 mean, if anything?

Compared to your D/L 7.59Mbps, something seems not right. It can't just be the difference between your ipad and my laptop.

I wonder what's going on. AIS can't be 5 times faster than True, can it?

GG

Archived