What's your favourite beer in LOS???

MooNoi

Yes youre right, I could drink like a fish in thailand. I was easily putting down 15 singhas a day not to mention a few shots of tequila. The only thing I can think of is the fact that it is so humid there and i was walking so much, maybe I was sweating it out before it had a chance to hit my system. If I were to drink that much every day here in the states I would be smashed. But as far as my favorite beer I drank singha because it was cheap not really because i liked so much, but does have a distinctive taste to it, I tried it here a few times here in the states, and it didnt have the same flaver. Ill be in pattaya this june so I might try carlsberg or kloster this time around; I heard that singha is brewed with alot of preservatives that can be rough on the system.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I drank approx 22 changs last night and remember coming home(vaguely).I noticed that it takes half an hour to drink a small beer and an hour for a big one ,where as in England we tend to drink pints(about 560ml)of draught in about half an hour so maybe without realising I'm pacing myself.The only thing about drinkin out of a bottle is that it should create a better supply of alcahol to the brain thus getting you drunk quicker so couldnt say for sure.Also if you are on holiday on the piss everyday when perhaps at home things like work or kids might prevent this you build up a tolerence.I always find if I've been on it for a sucession of days I can go longer each subsequent day in my experience.

As for "whats your fave beer in LOS?"I think that goes without saying.

Cheers T.C.

If you try drinking 12-14 Changs instead of Kloster or Singha, you might get different results....i was told by several people last year that Chang has methaamphetimines inside...no idea of the authenticity of these claims, but i must say that i can drink Kloster, Heineken, Carlsberg all night, whereas after not too many Changs i am blotto, not to mention hungover the next morning......i like the kick of Chang though

Cheers SLH.

Its gotta be bull that theres speed in chang but i find when feeling bloated on beer switch to samsong and it tends to keep you going ,most people would recommend mekhong for this but its unfit for human consumption.has anyone tried Burmese whiskey its pretty trippy stuff?

Probably urban legend, but in the mid-70s, Singha supposedly contained formaldahyde (sp.) as a preservative. I definitely remember that after an evening of drinking it, you could smell it when you made the first visit to the bathroom the next morning. Don't remember that on the last visit to LOS in 2000. As compared to American, and, at least some, Australian beers, I think it has less carbonation. That may account for the higher capacity.

Nothing in this correspondent's humble opinion beats a cold carlesberg on a hot day....the introduction of the "COLD" indicator sticker is one of the greatest things to happen to beer in the world. Other than that, I also like black tiger, which I have only seen in New Wave pool bar on soi grace.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived