What's your favourite beer in LOS???

MooNoi

Another beer question, just to keep the theme of one of the posts below going?

What's your favourite brew up here? Mine's Kloster. I just like the crispness and the taste. Not too strong like Singha. Less kick than Chang. I think its supposed to be German, but don't know if its an actual German beer or a "pretend" one. Does anyone know if Kloster is a real brewery somewhere in Europe and its brewed under license here or what the story is?

Also, do you guys find you can drink a lot more up here? I find I can drink 12-14 beers a night, and be reasonably drunk yet still well in control of all my actions. If I drank 12-14 beers back home in Australia, you'd be wheeling me out on an ambulance gurney. Is it because you sweat more up here that you can drink more without the same effect? Anyone have the same experience?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Poll is going here

Personally, I favour Beer Leo but since it's not sold in most bars I usually go for Kloster.

Kloster by the way is brewed under licence in Thailand, i.e. it is a European beer. More info here

Cheers,

Straycat

Kloster Neuburg an der Donau= Monastery Neuburg at the Danube, that's what it is and it's a real brewery. I think the thai branch is something like a joint venture or a similar deal as Carlsberg who produce Cnang as well. The Kloster brewery is not very well known in Germany and it's small and regional. Hope that's suffice info.

Cheers

Yeah, me too. I don't know why, but my tolerance in LOS is much higher. If I am doing beer, I typically have 6-9 Singha's when going out, liking to stay at the low end to minimize next morning consequences. I'm mainly a scotch drinker and once polished an entire 750ml bottle over the course of a night, but usually do a touch under half a bottle. In farangland, cut these quantities in third and that would be about it for me.

Archived