The Fiscal Cliff...

gobbledonk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup - the Oz market closed on an 18-month high - confirmation that the bulk of investors are lemmings. Egghead from Westpac currency gurus is claiming that the AUD will be in the 1.06-1.07 USD region within 3 months - cold comfort if we cant get some certainty back in the world economy.

Per xe.com today:

100 USD = 3059 baht

100 GBP = 4994 baht

100 EUR = 4057 baht

100 AUD = 3204 baht

Based on that, all I need is Richard Branson's PIN number and I'm set !

Seems like many of the developed western economies have the same problem - they have been living beyond their means for years building up debts and now face recession if they try to cut spending and/or raise taxes - time to start printing money :hubbahubba:

Seems like many of the developed western economies have the same problem - they have been living beyond their means for years building up debts and now face recession if they try to cut spending and/or raise taxes - time to start printing money :hubbahubba:

There was a story on the tele a few years back.

Counterfeit money showing up all over the greater LA area.

Took a couple years to catch the guy.

He was real sneaky. Like old Ben Layden. Couriers then more couriers then more couriers who did not know each other. In other words could not trace easily back to original guy.

Part of his genius was the paper. Can't get gov-mint paper.

He found a similiar paper at a wholesaler for all types of magazine/newspapers. He purchased big rolls of this paper.

Then he just used a good color printer. Off the shelf printer.

One guy in a small condo in the LA area.

They did eventually catch him by the same method they got old Ben Layden. Following each courier.

I recall that he "sold" the money at an large discount.

Speaking of counterfeit money, I was sitting late one night in a sleazy strip joint in VA Beach years ago; and the waitress was giving me change from a wad she had. As the waitress was laying down the dollar bills on my table, I noticed that some of the bills (not all) were glowing in the black light. I go to sleazy strip clubs with black light about once every ten years or so, so I don't know if it's common for some bills to glow/not glow. But the paper on the bills appeared to be different under the black light.

Fiscal Cliff Negotiations Leave Hedge Fund Tax Loophole Unscathed

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/01/Carried-Interest-Tax-Loophole-In-The-Spotlight

Common ground is hard to come by in Washington these days, but everyone, it seems, hates tax “loopholes.†Democrats claim they rob the government of revenue and benefit the rich. Republicans say tax loopholes distort free markets by letting the government pick winners and losers, thereby potentially introducing artificial and undesirable incentives.

Indeed, during the 2012 presidential race, Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan attacked tax loopholes for the rich, declaring that he and Gov. Mitt Romney wanted to “get rid of special interest loopholes and deductions that are uniquely enjoyed by the wealthy.â€

So what about the so-called “carried interest tax loophole� That’s the provision that allows hedge fund managers and investment firm executives to have the profits from the sale of a company taxed at the capital gains rate (soon likely to rise to 20%) instead of the traditional income tax rate (soon likely to jump to 39.6% for top earners)...

Archived